Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weston's Birthday

Happy Birthday big FIVE year old! We love you Weston!
Some of you may think I go over board with the party, but it really wasn't that much work, and it was so fun! The kids loved it, and Weston will always remember it (I hope).
Here are the photos from the party and the big day:

The invite--Weston colored them.

Weston with a Cardboard cutout of Darth Vader (big hit with the kids. I took a pic of them with it as they came, and we will print those out and give them as "thank you" cards.)

Aidan in the "Jedi Training" (an obstacle course)

This is target practice. I took a water gun and filled it with green water and had them shoot at a picture of the "death star". They loved that part.

This was the pinata. We made a black balloon pinata, and put a Darth Vader mask on it. Then the boys "fought" Darth Vader with a "light saber" --hitting and smashing the pinata.

These are all the kids at the party. They had popsicles (light sabers...) and then had a big water fight. Scott and I really were the ones getting most wet...


His big present (besides a light saber) was a new bike. It started raining right as we gave it to him (outside) and he hates getting wet, so he looked at it, and then ran right in. We'll ride on it another day.


This was his cake. R2D2, can you tell? It isn't great, but I am pretty proud of it. I know it isn't professional, but I really like making the kids cakes. By next week, though we will be sick of cake. I have to make Aidan a cake, too.

Scott took Weston to lunch on his birthday and Weston said, "I will always remember that you took me to lunch on my birthday." Ahhhh. What we want to hear. Those moments that we know they are happy being with us.

His favorite present was his light saber, and I don't think it has been out of his hands yet. He even slept with it. All in all, I think he had a good birthday and he is happy. I did the birthday binder --the paper with questions for him to answer. I will put in a photo of him from his birthday and a picture he has drawn. I think it will make a nice "remembrance" for him.

5 comments:

Marne said...

Awesome Brittany! Making birthdays special for kids is so important, I think, and you did a great job! He will remember it...and I love your binder idea. The cake looks FABULOUS, and I like the idea of the pic and thank you cards! What a fun time!

ba and the boys said...

oh man! i wish i was invited!
you are the worlds best mom...now go change the baby's diaper..

Lawrence Clan said...

What a fun birthday party! I am not good at being creative with birthdays, you did an awesome job.

Happy Birthday Weston!

Kristin Sokol said...

People always tell me I go to "all out" for birthdays, but I say...mind your business, I do what I want.

Okay I am still a little scarred from being the sixth child where nothing was ever a big deal. I probably do too much, but at least I'm doing something.

I love your homemade cake. I am all about putting a mothers touch on it especially if it means it's not perfect.

It looks like you threw a really nice party for Weston. You can see how much you love him. It will also make a lasting memory for all the other little boys that came. Kids really remember stuff like this.

Good for you. You're a great little mommy. Weston is so lucky.

Mandy said...

Cute Cake! Good luck with the contest!