This was his cake--can anybody guess who it is? Mater of course. (Scott thought he was pretty funny when he came up with this little diddy: "My name is Aidan. Like Haden, without the Huh." Those who have boys that watch Cars will likely get this.) The cake was fun to make, and on the side we even have eyes (can't really see from this angle).
The cake was served up on Sunday when we had a big Brown Family party. I wish I had photos of this. Mom and Dad drove down with Ali and her two kids (Ethan and Noah) and niece Beanie (Ali is visiting from Chicago), and we had several Uncles and cousins over. The house was packed with people and food and everybody had a great time. I am glad we could all get together.
Then Monday, we had Scott's parents over for dinner and had a real birthday celebration (this time with presents!). I love the look on Aidan's face in this photo--the tongue out the mouth, concentrating so hard. He loved it all. He would open a present, look at it for a second, then say, "Which present is next?" He got several fun things: Lightning CD player (they have been using my CD player in their room, and I wanted it back), Lightning tent and sleeping bag (they slept in it that night), a little Guido (he hasn't let it go out of his sight), a Hot Wheels track, and other various car things.
Happy Birthday sweet boy. We love you!
1 comment:
Hey those cupcakes and cake sure look good. If you ever need any help eating that kind of food i am here for you. Happy birthday aidan
Post a Comment