Saturday, June 28, 2008

Breakfast balls?

My boys love "edilskeeters" (aebelskivers) as Aidan calls them--or pancake puffs, I've heard them called. In any case, every once in awhile, we will do a special breakfast of these. (the photo above is what they look like as I cook them) I sometimes put bananas or blueberries inside them! And not as often, a chocolate chip or marshmallow... We make a bunch (I just use the Bisquick pancake recipe) and then freeze the extras. They love to pop them in the microwave for a quick snack!

4 comments:

Em said...

I have never heard of those i bet my kids would love them.

Heather said...

I saw a pan for these on Williams and Sonoma. My sister Amy said she loves these. What a nice way to dress up breakfast! We have german pancakes all the time. We should add these to our morning recipes.

Heidi said...

This looks great! Where did you get your pan? Heidi

Anonymous said...

the pan Scott got me from some kitchen place, but I have seen them at Target for 25 $ or so, with accessories. Worth it!