We were at Scott's parents last night when Weston came in from the play room saying that Aidan got hurt. I went in to find him on the ground, going blue in the face, peed his pants, and not breathing. After going crazy screaming for help, I breathed into his mouth until he started breathing. We aren't sure what happened. We think he fell off the bed somehow and got the wind knocked out of him or he did his "holding his breath til he passes out" thing. Not fun for me. Fortunately he is fine. I am grateful to the family who immediately started helping--dialing 911 (ended up not needing it--yea), looking for consecrated oil, finding out what happened from two very scared kids, getting me new underwear for him, etc. Thanks to you all for your help. And I am grateful that I was able to stay under control rather than freaking out--though it may have seemed like I was freaking out a bit. I am grateful that Scott was there to keep things calm (for me---he does that well).
I don't like that this child does this to me. It is really scary.
11 comments:
You poor thing. I can't believe what this kid has put you though. Sunny was throwing up last night and I thought I was going to die I felt so bad for her. I can't imagine having to breathe into my child's mouth.
You are a hero Brittany. Way to keep it together and live to write about it. I'm impressed.
Brit!!!
That is so scary! I am sorry you have to go through that. Really I am. I don't know if this would help but for my birthday my husband bought me an "apnea" monitor that goes under Lucy's mattress. It detects the smallest movement but I love it because if there is no movement for 15 seconds an alarm goes off. I don't know if it's an option because Aiden is so big but.... I would be scared. I am glad you are all ok!
Bless your heart! You are such a good mom. What a scare...kids are really good at that aren't they?? I am so glad he is okay!
I talked to Mom about this today....so scary. I love you all!!!
yikes! What a crazy incident. I hope everything is okay!
I'm so glad everything is alright! I don't even know what I would do in a situation like that. I'm glad you knew what to do. So glad he's okay!
Holy crap that is very scaring. I am glad things are better, I am so sorry, but so glad you know what to do.
I changed my blog address to
http://thevocalsokool.blogspot.com/
so your link to my blog won't work anymore unless you change it to the new blog address.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Will you do me a favor and leave me a comment so I know you changed your link and found my new blog address.
Thanks--Kristin
I love that you stayed calm and knew exactly what to do for him. Moms like you are seriously my kind of hero.
i just heard about this one missy and krissy! im so glad sweet aiden is ok!
that kid is giving you gray hair isnt he!
Brit, that is so scary. I'm glad everything turned out ok though.
Post a Comment