Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catch-Up for February

**** You must at least read the end of this post. It is a great little tidbit from my Aidan. You won't want to miss it.

We have been so busy "remodeling" our tv/toy/desk room. And it is twos steps away from being done! We need is carpet and toy bags. So, thus far we have:
  • Put shelves INTO the walls (since the room is above the garage, we have room in the walls)
  • Painted the room a nice light brown
  • Put up hooks in the toy area (for the "toy bags" I am making--of patchwork jean! fun, no?)
  • Put wood floor in the "desk area"
  • Moved the TV in to a better area
  • Bought a couch for the TV area
  • Put up a huge bookshelf for the kids books (I LOOOOVE IT!)
  • Put up a desk, filing things, drawers, etc.

So, totally awesome, right??? I would post pics, but I want to wait til everything is done, so you all get the whole picture. But, so far it is looking good! And it feels good to have things more organized!

I have also been busy with a visit from my sister Ali! I am so glad she took a few days to come out and visit me. My mom and sister Heidi came down at the same time too, so it kind of turned into a girl weekend; although we only made it to IKEA and Costco for shopping... We had a great time playing games (Phase 10, a favorite), and Ali was good enough to watch my kids several times (THANK YOU ALI!) while Scott and I went to the temple and Stake Conference meetings. The kids really enjoyed being with her. They loved decorating a Lightning McQueen cake thing and making Monkey Bread. Brennan was even good for her (and that is saying a lot--see below). It was nice to have a weekend connecting with Ali. Since she doesn't live nearby, we don't get together very often, though we do talk on the phone almost daily! She is very relaxing to be with and we talk to easily together. The greatest thing she did is CLEAN OUT MY FREEZER AND FRIDGE! How many of you have that great of a sister, huh??? What a saint! And they sure needed the cleaning! This makes me want her to come visit ALL the time! :) Seriously Ali, thanks so much for coming! You rock, sista!

So, Brennan is officially really walking (not just the 2 step thing...). He is quite the kid. Thinks he is all big! So he tried to go down the stairs today, and was successful in getting down--really quickly! "Thud thud thud...thud thud thud" is what we heard, then "WAAAAAAA!" Poor guy! Only three bruises on his forehead, he should be okay. He is going through quite a stage right now. Very grumpy! He is getting his eye teeth (still.... or at least I am still using that excuse), and he has had some stomach thing--for three days he pooped about 20 times, at least! Not kidding. It was very sad--for me and for the smell of the house! One night he woke up, pooped, back to bed, woke up, pooped, back to bed, woke up, pooped, wouldn't go back to sleep, pooped 5 minutes later, then went to bed. But, I still love him!

Weston is back in school (yea!). He was getting bored being off track. I am so glad he is back. He is suddenly into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So now I am wondering if the Star Wars toys will be used again... I really don't want to start buying TMNT toys... we already have so many toys!

Aidan and Scott had a great little conversation the other day. FYI: Elise is the name of our future daughter--NOT AN ANNOUCEMENT! We have just talked about her for a few years now...

A: Who should I make this toy for? I know, I'll make it for Elise, she'll really like that. Where is Elise?

S: She's up in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus.

A: Well, we should get her.

S: yes.

A: Dad, go up to heaven right now!!

S: It doesn't work that way, Heavenly Father has to send her down.

A: Well we should ask him. Let's say a prayer that he'll send her down!

I just love that boy! He is so matter of fact!

5 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Too cute! We've had a girl name picked out since our second boy. We just found out that this fourth one is a boy as well, so the name waits yet again. Can't wait to see the playroom, it sounds great!

Ali Garner said...

Beebs you slay me. I had a blast visiting, as you well know. And I'll clean your fridge/freezer anytime. You know I'm a little bit like Monk (it's a blessing . . . and a curse). I believe in harnessing my OCD for good, not evil.
Your turn to come and visit me!

ba and the boys said...

cant wait for elise to make it down here!

Carrie said...

i wondered what you guys were doing when i drove by and saw all the flooring out by the side of the house--sounds like such a functional room! i am excited to see pics when you're finished.

baby sisters are fun :)

Kristin Sokol said...

Good because we were going to ask you to come on and do your Elaine dance. Oh Yeah!