Anybody heard of this? Well, our Elementary Schools "battles" with a neighboring school in reading. Whoever reads the most in a two week period wins. And the losing school's principal has to kiss a pig (or something similar). Weston found out about this at school and came home distressed. I told him it wasn't a REAL battle, just a contest. He was still worried. You see, his cousin attends the school he was battling. And he didn't want his cousin to lose. What a sensitive kid. He was so distraught because he wanted his school to win, for winnings sake, but didn't want his cousin to feel bad. He said, "I wish we could both win." (my child is obviously not competitive...). Well, last week he came home and said, "Guess what? We found out who won the battle." Then tears burst out of him and he said his school won. He was so concerned that his cousin would feel bad!
Weston, let me tell you buddy--YOU ROCK! I am so grateful I have a loving child!
2 comments:
That is so cute and funny!
How cute is that? Thanks for posting this.
Post a Comment