So, I had a free pass to Sam's Club--with no 10% up charge, and I went to find a few things. I really liked it. They have a few things that I really like that I can't find at Costco-- Slim Fast powder, Heart Healthy Bisquick (ever used it? I LOOOOVE it, better for you than the normal stuff, and quick to use. and it was only 3.80something at SC for the BIIIIGGG box--great deal), big can of Planters Cashews for a really good price, and it used to carry a Craisins Snack mix, though I didn't find it this trip. So, it had lots of good stuff, and it was a clean nice store.
I have a Costco membership, and there are many things there that I like to buy also. So my question to all of you--which membership do you have and why do you like it? Anybody found a price difference? Either store better than the other? Better coupons/deals/etc? I liked the cleanliness of Sams... Let me know what ya'll think!
9 comments:
I have been to both, but have not had memberships in a long time. We are planning on getting a membership with Sam's Club soon though - I like it better...the clean store feel is good. It is kind of like Walmart compared to Target for me. I will choose Target over Walmart any day, just because it has a happy feeling...call me crazy.
Why Dawling, are you buying slim fast powder. Don't you think contradicts your awesome healthy food regimen? eXPLAIN.
Before we moved back to AZ we had a Sams membership, and we would drive 45 min one way to stock up on stuff. Now we have a Costco membership. It seems like there more everyday items we bought at Sams then at Costco, However I think the Produce At Costco and the Meat is way better, and I use my Costco American Express card for all my gas to get 5% back, even if I buy gas somewhere else I still get 5% back. This more than covers the cost of the membership for us. I still think you can get better deals on most grocery type items by shopping at Walmart and other grocery stores, especially if you use Sister Savings
We have a Sam's Club like a mile away and had a membership there but last year we decided that it was worth the drive to Orem to go to Costco. Everything I saw at Sam's Club seemed to be more expensive than just shopping at SuperWalmart. We had a Costco membership in CA and missed the Kirkland Signature products so we switched back.
Kristin, to answer your slim fast question: a few things-- 1)it is really Scott that drinks it; 2)who knows, maybe the reason I am small is cause I drink it...; and, 3) I actually do drink it by making it into a health drink --mix with banana, strawberries, ice, sometimes peanut butter, etc. and really as a suppliment to my breakfast. (I don't know if you really wanted to hear that, or if you were just teasing me... :) But, I am going to comment on your blog, too with this answer...)
Also, thanks everyone for your info, it is fun to see what everyone else thinks.
I had a Sams Club for year then when it expired I got the Costco one. Now I have both because sometimes you just have to have that one thing you can only get at Sams and sometimes you really need a yummy muffin for Costco. I just make sure I do the cheap memberships for both and can alternate months.
i like the one closest to my home. since neither are, we use costco. and when we get their gas (about 5-10 cents less than regular), and use the amex (like alan). it is nice.
i also like costcos 'meat donuts'. gross sounding, but they put their ground beef in donut shapes.
well - for us it has kind of depended where we live if we go with sams or costco. Mostly we go with stores that are cleaner. :) which really did depend on what state it was. sams in florida - not our fav!
and we've noticed that different states carry different items so we've tried to check that out everywhere we move.
but mostly i got tired of sams being crowded and full of employees restocking in the middle of prime shopping hour... and i've really like using costco for all my printing needs. :)
so we've been with costco for a few years now. i did notice the new sams by the walmart on 114th and i wondered if it was nice because it was so new. is that the one you went to? isn't there a new costco coming by the temple? anyhoo... sorry to ask questions on a comment.. how silly is that.
hope your week is good.
Post a Comment