I, along with lots of you, did an FHE centered around the olympics. We first took a look at the globe and found where several countries were. Then, we marched around carrying a torch and flags. Then I had several little things--high jump, long jump, somersault, discus (fribee), shot put (little basketball), hurdles, etc--written on scraps of paper, and those chose one out of a basket, and then performed it. The kids loved it. Weston said to me as I was preparing, "But this can't be an FHE, it doesn't help up learn about Jesus or the temple." I guess we haven't done a lot of "fun" FHE's... I explained to him that we can learn about the world and the people in it, because Jesus and Heavenly Father created the earth. And, we learn to keep our bodies physically fit because they gave us our bodies as gifts that we need to take care of. They did enjoy it, though for all the effort it took to prepare for it, it didn't last long, and immediately after, Weston said, "Can we have FHE treat now?" Sigh... I hope they are getting something out of all of this.
Medals to celebrate the success of an Olympic Family Home Evening!
4 comments:
What a cute idea! good thing the olympics last two weeks, we still have a chance to do it next week! :) Thanks for the good info!
You are so great! Our family home evenings have been a little lame lately . . . now I'm inspired to do better. And by the way I think you're a fine writer!
You rock! I'm sure they are getting a lot out of it! Mine was a family where FHE was sporadic at best so I am always thrilled when I see families (and now we get to be one of those) who consistently follow the prophets and hold FHE! It will make a huge difference, in my humble opinion:)
Wow! Great job on your Olympics! You put a lot more effort into your than I did in ours. I was thinking, "Um, what can we do next, How about who can hop on one leg?" You have a great family. I love the torches and medals!
Post a Comment