Well, here he is, the amazing Kindergarten Boy! His first day was August 26, 2008. What a beautiful boy!
This is his school: Foothills Elementary (probably largest in the state!!!)
He hasn't been very excited about this change; he has often told me he is "nervous" for school. We have talked a lot about it, read books about it, prayed about, and he had a blessing. He actually asked for the blessing. The day before Kinder, I took him in for assessment. He didn't do very well at first--kinda freaked out, he wouldn't do what the teacher told him, and then he hit me (the teacher even gasped... arghhh!). I put him in "time out" and the teacher just sat there doing her thing and I filled out papers. Then, after talking with him, he did just fine. The first day of school, I got to spend a half hour or so with him and he seemed to enjoy it. He had a moment of "getting scared", but got over it, and I was able to leave without incident! Hip Hip Hooray!
I guess it really didn't hit me that he was actually "in school", until he came home and asked me, "Mom, can dad do an arm fart?" (you know, the silly things boys do in their armpits). Hmmm. I guess he is picking up on new stuff already. I have tried to keep him in a bubble as long as possible. I guess you can't protect them forever. At least it is just an armfart (which we corrected--we don't say fart--armtoot) and not something worse! (and, by the way, I have never heard by husband do an armtoot)
4 comments:
The first day of school for both my girls always seemed so "nostalgic"...it's a little hard to let go, but very exciting too! Way to go Weston! :)
How funny (the armtoot part). I remember Ethan's 7th or 8th birthday, the car was full of boys armtooting their heads off. Ah boys. Well I'm glad the first day of school went well! Isn't it great?!
i was like 'see ya!' when parker when to school. i did the kindergarten thing with im then i was out of there!
in fact this year, i just dropped him off and let him find his own door from the playground. im such a great mom...
you are lucky to have mrs colvin. people beg for her.
I can do a handtoot.
Post a Comment