I must apologize to all the women there, cause I was a little crazy (what, me crazy???). We wore name tags, and just to be silly and as a conversation started, I put "Elaine" on my name tag. Wierdo. Nikki and I also had a little comedy routine going for our table. Wackjob! Anyway, I had TONS of fun being with the women in our ward, and I just love them all!
Anyway. Sister Powell, who is in our ward, and also in the Stake RS Presidency, spoke to us. She did a great job. She took many of her talk from Sister Dew's talk from Women's Conference this past May. Please, if you are a woman, READ THIS!!! (I only have the link to the church news article about it). It really helps me realize what a great role I have as a wife, mother, and woman, not only in the church, but in the world. I am so grateful that I am a mom! As I read you other girls' blogs, I see what a wonderful influence we are, what changes we are making, what joy we have in our roles. All the great things we do: food storage, cleaning house (not my favorite, I admit), giving birth to beautiful babies, keeping memories, cooking yummy meals for our kids and husband, going on outings and strengthening our familes, being aunts, nieces, daughters, granddaughters, sisters, friends, teaching, comforting, sharing, painting toenails, recycling, oh and so much more. I have an awakened desire to be better!
I remember my dad used to do this thing where he would write down all his ROLES and then the GOALS he had associated with them to make him better in those roles. Such as: Father--have more one on one time with kids. Administrator (his job)--get his duties done in a timel manner. Friend--take time to reconnect with a lost friend... Stuff like that. We can each make goals connected with our roles and better ourselves. In our callings, as a mother, as a wife, as a sister, as a neighbor, etc.
Anyway, sorry to go on and on. As you can see, I am getting caught up in my posting (Scott is at Youth Conference and the kids are busy having a pillow fight). I leave you with these great words of Sheri Dew:
"Let us be the generation of women that finally walks away from the world. If we will awake to who we are, arise by making of our lives ministries, and come unto Christ by steadily becoming more holy, we will have a degree of influence the world and the kingdom of God have never felt before — an influence that has no limit and no end."
6 comments:
here's a link to the talk by sheri dew... http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference/archive/2008/pdf/SheriDew-2008.pdf
i'm glad you blogged this. I had been waiting to read the transcripts & it reminded me to check their site again. And your activity sounds really fun.
Great post, Beebs. You are a wonderful example of a strong, capable Mormon woman, and the things you do (raising your sons, fulfilling your church callings, being a loving wife, sister, daughter, etc.) make the world a better place.
It sounds like the Enrichment was great. I wish i could have been there.
What a wonderful evening. Thank you for sharing the link and the quote by Sheri Dew at the end. How inspiring!
And I'm very impressed with your bread making skills! Way to go Brittany!
Thanks for posting this....that talk is FABULOUS!
Good job on the bread! YUM!
So I really need to read that Sheri Dew talk--the quote at the bottom is very inspiring!
And thanks for sharing some details from our ward enrichment the other night. I was out of town and sad to miss it--I always love a night out with the women in our ward and you're right about our Relief Society--they work so hard to make those events happen in style :)
Post a Comment