Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bored???

We are now in the stage where Weston is telling me he is BORED! How can a five year old be bored (especially after his birthday!!!). But, nonetheless, we must find something for the kids to do. So we made a list off all the things they can do. It is nice and long and they can choose what they want (though things like: playing with friend, watching tv, and playing on computer are all limited to a certain amount each week). So, below is the list. Some of the things are specific to our family and might not make sense (like Big Paper on Crafts--that is a big roll of Paper we got from IKEA that the kids like to color on, make tv shows with, etc). Can ya'll moms think of other things that kids would want to do that I could add to my list?
· Play
o Outside
o Sandbox
o Basement
o With friends
o In garage
o Making forts/tents
· Play with
o Star Wars Toys
o Blocks
o Cars
o Basketball game
o Train set
o Wooden toys
o Buzz and planet heroes
· Crafts
o Playdough
o Water fun
o Coloring
o Big Paper
o Experiments
o Cut and paste stuff
· Help
o Clean up toys
o Clean house
o Work in garden
· School
o Read books
o Computer CD
o Little computer
o School books
o Practice writing
o Magnetic letters
· Other
o Games
o Computer
o TV or show
o Listen to music
· Go to
o Library
o Aquarium
o Park
o Water park
o Swimming

5 comments:

Carrie said...

This is such a good list--I may need to copy and print it for us too! (except that we can add "playing with babies" and "Polly Pockets" to it cause Bentley thinks those are cool to play with Caroline :)

What about helping you cook or bake something like rice krispie treats or cookies? or making homemade popsicles? or selling lemonade (maybe they are too young...)?

Em said...

Hi Brittany, i found your blog on camille's. It looks like weston had a fun birthday. He is such a great kid and i love teaching him in church. He listens so well and always answers questions. Emily V

Virginia Brown said...

When Alison comes, she is bringing a book called something like "365 Things Kids Can Do Instead of Watching TV." Maybe you can add to your list from that book.

Looking forward to the family birthday bash this weekend.

KELLS said...

Something we did when we were little is my Mom told us Stories. She just made them up. I will never forget that. She would turn out the lights and we would sit all around her and she would tell us stories for hours. Like Squeek, Squawk, and Marshmellow. I need to have her put those on tape. Ha ha. How are things for you? Busy busy sounds like. KELLS

Nancy said...

I think I made the same list for me to refer to when I can't think of anything to do with the kids. I think I need to steal the forts and tents idea though. Maybe you could add finger paint or paint brush paint.