Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary Husband!


Here is a little shout out to my wonderful husband--or some other names I call him: S Daw, huzzy, scuzband, lovie, and occasionally Scott.

Just to let you know our love story (cause I know you all are interested): Six and a half years ago, I worked with Scott's aunt Holly. She wanted to set me up with her nephew, Scott. She gave him my number, he never called. I didn't really care, I was dating several other guys at the time... But, he eventually did call (the reason he didn't is a good story I'll save for later). Our first date he took me to Applebees and Desert Star Playhouse (there is another fun story for later). At the end of the date, I went home and said to my roommates, "Nice guy, isn't going to go anywhere." He asked me out again, and again and again. While I did go out with him, I also went out with other guys. Finally, well, probably two months into dating, he asked me to only date him. I told him no. If I was going to cut off all possibilities with others guys, then we might as well be engaged, and I wasn't ready for that. That night, I went to a movie with a guy friend, and the whole time I thought, "I would rather be with Scott." On the way home, I turned to the guy and said, "I think I am getting married." The next day I bought a bride's magazine. We didn't talk about marriage for another few weeks, but I had already prayed about it (and so had he) and I knew he was the one for me. There was no denying that the Lord had put us together. And even Satan tried to pull us apart (another story), but we didn't let that happen. Six years ago today we were married in the Washington DC temple. And now we have three beautiful boys.

I could go on and on about what an amazing man he is, but I will just tell one thing: Every Sunday, he has to sit on the stand. I am in the congregation with three boys. I haven't complained about it, yet every Sunday, he is concerned for me and asks me if I am okay, and tells me he feels terrible about not being able to help. He rushes home from his morning meetings to help me get to church on time. He rushes home from his afternoon meetings to make Sunday dinner. He is a marvelous wonderful man.

I love you Huzz!

7 comments:

melissa said...

Why do I love you so much? It's for posts like these. You and Scott are soooo cute and I seriously can't believe it's been 6 years. Yay!!
Reading this I realize why I've always felt a connection with you...bc I'm you, just a few years behind! You crack me up. Love you guys!

Em said...

happy anniversary!

ba and the boys said...

aawwww...so sweet! and you guys are such a great couple! and you make beautiful kids! it all works out...

Carrie said...

So now I am intrigued and want to hear all your "other" stories about dating Scott! You guys are such a great couple--I love that you celebrated your anniversary sitting outside in your rocking chairs last night :) Happy Anniversary!!

Lawrence Clan said...

Happy Anniversary - and many more to go!

heidiglyn said...

Many congratulations! We love having another Scott in the family. He is a great guy. I also want to hear all of the other stories.

Jackie Sanders said...

What a CUTE story!
I didn't know Scott was so insistent!
I love that you said "I think I"m getting married"
So fun!
Thanks for the story!!!