Weston gave his first talk in Primary. Well, he said the first few words, and then I finished it for him. But, he did "write" the talk with LOTS of help from me. I am proud of him, though. He practice lots and did well when he practiced. And he has referred to it throughout the week (as have I many times).
Here it is:
Elder Robert D. Hales said, “The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes” (Ensign, May 1999, 33) What are some ways to invite the spirit into our homes? We can pray individually and as a family. We can have happy family home evenings. We can read the scriptures as a family. We can speak kindly to each other. These things invite the spirit into our homes. We shouldn’t hit or fight each other. We shouldn’t disobey our parents. Those things make the spirit go away.
Nephi was obedient to his parents and the Lord. This helped strengthen his family. He and his family were blessed. I know that if I am obedient and kind to my family, the spirit will be our home and our family will be strengthened. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
1 comment:
What a wonderful talk! You have a great little man with a huge spirit. That is so sweet! What a great idea for FHE too, to ask your kids how to keep the Spirit in our homes. I think we'll do this next Monday. Thanks!
Post a Comment