
I had a "so proud of my kid" moment a week ago. We had some friends over after church for dinner (on a Sunday) and had a lovely time with them. Their child asked Weston to go outside and play with her, and without knowing we were listening (on his very own) he said, "I don't play outside on Sunday." YEAHHHH!!!! Some things I am teaching are getting through--and he is doing it, even though I am not there to tell him! Sometimes I just feel that I am not getting through, or I just repeat things, or that I say things and I just think they aren't listening, so what is the use? But, when I have a moment like that, it makes it worth it.
PS, nothing against those who do play outside on Sunday... we just have chosen to make it a rule that we don't....
I must admit--my kids came down from heaven perfect, and the are just plain goooooood kids. It isn't because of anything I have done. In fact, I have probably messed them up a bit. :( I am grateful they are mine, and feel completely undeserving of their love.
4 comments:
Brit,
I love that you feel that way about your kids. That is the sweetest post. And your kids are darling. Hope all is well.
Abby
I have been having a "moment" like that for the last month. I keep telling Evan that I'm turning into one of those sappy, grey-haired old women, because I keep talking about how my "heart is just so full!" I know, dorky, huh? Anyway, great moments. And, by the way, we have the same Sunday rule. When they're older, and can be outside without playing hard, we'll re-assess the situation. You're such a great mom! Your boys are lucky to have you!
We don't let Alyssa play inside or outside, we only let her play in the car on Sunday.
Seriously though...You're a great Mom. It's so good for kids to have structure early on.
Sorry my child was such a temptress for your son. :-)
Luv,
Missy
Post a Comment