Friday, March 14, 2008

Sweet smell of success?

Well, not quite. I have been potty training Aidan, and although it gets better daily, it is a long SMELLY process. I have kept my cool for the most part, though, which has made it more bearable. (I did get a fortune cookie that read, "Your hard work will soon pay off." Let's hope that comes true...)
Weston has been a good help, encouraging Aidan. He is a good older brother. He is always concerned for others and loves helping me.
They have both been coloring. For about three weeks now, daily they color for hours on end. I would estimate two hours of each day is spent coloring pictures. Aidan now tries to make people: a circle with two lines going through it. Good enough for me! And he writes the letter T. He must have learned that from Weston. I guess he draws cars, too, because he brings me papers and tells me that he drew Mater, Lightning, Doc, etc. Sometimes I think he gets the colors right.
Weston is really into Star Wars right now, and so he draws a great Darth Vader, an AMAZING R2D2 and C3PO. He writes books about Star Wars. His latest reads, Title: "The Star Wars Book" (Then his name--"Weston"). First page: "The Darth Vader". The next few pages: pictures of Darth Vader and Luke. Another page: He made up a character named "Stop", so a page has a picture and the words: "The Stop". Then: "Luke saves the day". And finally: The End. Of course I think he is so creative and his drawings are amazing. I love that they color because it is such a good activity and they do it together happily. Brennan sometimes lies beside them and watches them. He has not yet produced a picture for me.
If I had a scanner I would scan some pictures they have drawn, but I am not quite up to speed with the rest of the world. We need a scanner...

4 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Your kids are so adorable!!! Don't you love having boys? :) I sure do.

Marne said...

Cute cute boys!

ba and the boys said...

so cute! i willhave to let you borrow this FANTASTIC star wars book that has pop up pages and lights up...just not really for kids to handle alone...

Jenni Taysom said...

you can take a picture of the boys coloring, that's how I posted one of my kids artwork -just upload it like any other photo - it works great.
How cute that they love to color so much.