I love holidays. I hate candy. Mostly because that's all the kids will eat. Not that I get many vegetables in them anyway, but now it is worthless to even try.
Well, we did it. We got up at seven and headed to a open spot to watch the sunrise.
We had a lovely basket and egg hunt yesterday (I found a gold egg that I hid that was empty--and we talked about the tomb being empty, etc). We then went to grandma's and had another egg hunt (thus all the candy in our home—she is very generous in her candy sharing). We colored eggs. And of course 5 minutes into the activities our video tape ran out. But, we have photos!
Today we went to a neighbors for dinner, and then to Scott’s parents for dinner (we’ll are stuffed), and then to visit the gravesite of Scott’s grandfather. Weston has been asking to, and we have been talking about death and resurrection so much, we thought it would be fitting. I actually taught Weston’s primary class today (nine 5 year olds trying to sit through 45 minutes???? The lesson only lasted about 10 minutes; we had a lot of time to color…). In the lesson I showed a photo of Grandpa and Weston got to talk about him and how he will resurrect someday. He is such a sensitive sweet boy.
6 comments:
Wow!!! I can't believe you got up and everyone outside before sunrise. I am glad your family had a nice Easter. Thanks for the Spiritual Easter ideas and poems you posted too.
What a fun memorable day for your family!
I hate all the candy too. a few years ago I swore off buying any candy at all since they get so much at the egg hunts and from grandparents.
woo hoo! i cant believe you got up and dragged the boys out! you are a great mom! they will always remember that!
That was a beautiful sunrise, and a great idea. They'll remember it and that's what counts. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! I can't stand all the candy either, I ended up putting the rest in the garbage last night after they fell asleep! Cute boys, and cute picture of you and Brennan!
Amen on the candy... I don't know why all holidays seem to revolve around it! Sorry you weren't able to see the actual sunrise... living on the other side of the Rockies with only the Great Plains to the east, we always tease our Utah family that they don't know what early is because the sun doesn't pop over your mountains until so late in the morning! sounds like it was a good morning anyway! :)
YOu're such a great mom to get your kids up and look at the sunrise. HOw pretty! It seems like we can never get rid of the candy. We get candy for EVERYTHING!
Post a Comment