Monday, March 10, 2008

Birthday Questions

So, you all probably already do this, but I don't and I'd love to get ideas from ya'll. My boys' birthdays are coming up (in June, but I like to have everything done WAY in advance...) and I really want to start a tradition of journaling info about them yearly. Things such as:

Height

Weight

Favorite Food (For breakfast, lunch, and dinner)

Least favorite food

Favorite toy

Favorite color

Funnest thing he did last year

Cool thing that happened last year

Favorite thing to do

Least favorite thing to do

Favorite family activity

Favorite Book

Friends (kids they play with most at this time)

What they want to do this coming year

What they want for their birthday

And so on... What are some other good things to ask my boys to journal? I think I'll make it a fun page they fill out (with help...) and I will keep it with their "remembrances" (as we call them...) Since I don't scrapbook, I just have a box that I keep their things in. Maybe I could put it in a binder, and also have them draw a picture or two, and put in a photo of them. What do you think? Ideas anyone? Don't get too creative, though... I am way too lazy to scrapbook... I know. Silly. But, I think something like this would be fun for them to look at. Every year they fill out the "form" answering the questions. Kind of fun to look back on your life and see what you liked, etc.

10 comments:

Marne said...

That sounds great Brittany. Since you want to keep it simple, you can type up and print out on paper those things you listed or anything else you want. Then the boys have a desiganted space to draw or write in their answers, and so do you. Then you can slip it into sheet protectors, put into a binder, and whalla!

That is also one reason I love blogging. Even if you don't get it officially recorded right away, blog about it and you have it saved to record later.

Great ideas!

ba and the boys said...

i think i have a book upstairs that has questions you can ask every year on/near their birthday. i will try to remember to bring it to scouts today!

Kristin Sokol said...

How about take some pics of them with their best playmates to put in the box/book, along with an explanation of what they like to do together.

Jennie said...

We did time capsule with the Young Women last week and I made up a questionnaire with several questions each girl answered about herself to put in the time capsule. I'll have to give you a copy!

Alison said...

That is such a great idea I want to start doing too. I think a fun thing to add would be their handprint. I just love my kids tiny handprints and know I'll miss their little fingers one day!

The Easton Family said...

Cute idea! I don't remember if you said this or not, but maybe include "What is your favorite subject/special at school?" "What book is your favorite to pick out at the library?" "What is the last movie you watched?" My kids always think its fun to look back on things they've written or learned about in years past. (not that there have been many years past, my kids are still pretty young!) good for you, though! Great goal!

Karri said...

Brittany-Love that idea. You're not alone, I don't do anything like that, but you've given a great idea. And way to go on getting everything done for birthdays in advance. I usually wait til the day before.

Karri said...

Brittany-Love that idea. You're not alone, I don't do anything like that, but you've given a great idea. And way to go on getting everything done for birthdays in advance. I usually wait til the day before.

abby's photo shoppe said...

That sounds so fun! I'm with you though on the scrap booking thing. I just.... can't! Wish I could help but I am no help. Brigham's bday is tomorrow! wish me luck.
Abby

abby's photo shoppe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.