Thursday, April 15, 2010

A saga

Years ago my eyes were red, watery, and itched. I thought is was my contacts.

For the past few years my face would get this little red raised area that itched near my nose and mouth. I thought I had some acne problem.

Since my pregnancy with Brennan my legs have itched--terribly. I thought it had something to do with pregnancy.

So, I spent quite a bit of money (I will not divulge the amount...) and got eye surgery so I wouldn't have to wear contacts. I got some cream for my face. I have been using Dove soap forever thinking I had sensitive skin (which I do). And I use special mosturizer for my legs.

I finally went to a Dermatologist. I have ALLERGIES! What? Allergies? I NEVER would have thought of having allergies. Never. But, it makes sense. So, the doctor told me to take Zyrtec. I took it for a week and it worked for a bit. But then my legs started itching again... Argh. I called the doctor, she said to up the amount of meds. So now I take two zyrtecs a day. So far, so good. I have a "hyper abundance of histamine" in my skin, so if I start itching my skin, it gets worse and worse. So, I must keep my nails away from my legs!

But this dang Zyrtec makes me... not necessarily sleepy, but tired. Unmotivated. Or at least I keep blaming my unmotivation on the Zyrtec...

Which is better---to have itchy legs or to be lazy?

4 comments:

Ali Garner said...

ooh what a pain in the neck. So sorry about the allergies. I have them too, only it's mostly my eyes and nose (and breathing when I get around cats). So I'm sorry about the itchy legs, that would drive me crazy!!!

Heidi said...

Wow, I hope you find some relief...from something:)

Megan B ♥ said...

Wow, that's crazy! I never would have guessed either. I love the commercials that give you all the potential reactions that sound so much worse than the problem. I saw one the other day for some anti-depressant. They were talking about all of the side effects like weight gain, stomach cramps, hair loss, insomnia etc. All kinds of things that would make me feel awesome!!!

Alison said...

Oh that's a bummer! At least you found out the problem. Good luck!