Friday, April 30, 2010

April's happenings

Elise is now three months old and cute as a button! She is doing all the normal stuff, but it is so cute! She slobbers all over, soaking up her cute outfits. She is starting to make raspberry sounds and loves to squawk with joy. She squeals and does funny little laughs--she is SO happy! About two weeks ago I caught her intently watching her hand. I love it when babies reach milestones! She is really trying to turn over--she did once during the night. I adore her. She really is the best baby and makes me happy.
Brennan is crazy and fun. He is talking non stop. He loves asking questions about everything. I love the way he talks--it is very difficult to explain it, but the lilt and the music in his voice is so cute. I love when I ask him to check on the baby and he says: "She is eating her hand." He is getting a bit messy--he threw cashews (at least a pound of them) all over my dining room, kitchen and living room. I am on the verge of potty training him. I am just building up courage to do it...

Aidan is growing up way too fast. I have been debating of whether or not I should put him in Kindergarten next year (because of his height), so I want to find out how smart he really is... :) I found an online Pre-Kindergarten test. He did phenomenol. Something like 92 points out of 100, and being ready for kinder just needs 65 points. But, I am still debating. He is in soccer right now and has really improved since the fall--His coach even noticed and praised him! He has been planning his birthday party (still 39 days away...) and even made invitations for all his friends. They all say, "To ____ frum Aidan. Sno Rod (snot rod)" and then drawings of cars. They are all sitting there waiting to be delivered.

Weston is deep into the first grade life. Girls chasing him, playing soccer, football, and basketball with the boys, being stubborn with the parents, fighting with the brothers, and loving his baby sister. He is doing well in school, and learning a lot--He is learning that I won't budge on a few things.... one day he said he was not feeling well enough to go to school--so I said that if he doesn't go he must stay in his bed ALL day. He agreed and by 10 am was really bored. But, he stayed in bed til dinner! He hasn't had a problem with feeling sick since then. He is in soccer now, too, and doing well. He really likes sports and has some great friends that he plays with. He is very responsible and helpful around the house and with the baby.

We had a marvelous Easter. The boys loved the chocolate. Scott and I stole out the good stuff before they could get to it... Ugh. Too much chocolate. During conference we updated our 72 hour kits. Here are the boys showing off how they can cart them around. They are so proud of their responsibilities.
Scott has planted tons of things and so far--despite the weather--everything is still alive. He is busy with his calling, work, and life, yet he is constantly helping me and supporting me.

I am busy with my calling, being a mom, and life, and sometimes it gets the best of me. But I am hanging in. It is a good thing I have such great kids and a great husband.

No comments: