Saturday, April 3, 2010

Oh, what do you do in the Conference time?

Every six months when conference time comes, I run over to my local Walmart and buy a roll or two of CONTACT paper. And then I get everything ready and for two hours, and then another two hours, and so on, I cover my kids books. When my boys bring home the scholastic stuff I look through for books 2$ or less and buy a bunch. Covering them helps them last longer. This is a pic of my "library" almost a year ago. I am glad to say that two of those (emptier) shelves are completely filled with more books. I had two goals that I wanted to accomplish while my kids were young. 1) Get a piano and learn to play Primary Songs and 2) Get a big library of kids books. Got the piano and I am still working on learning all the primary songs, but my book collection is getting bigger and bigger. Plus, I love having something good to do during conference. My other activity is laminating FHE stuff. Fun, too. (Big fan of my little laminator, I advise everyone to have their own!)

No comments: