Friday, March 12, 2010

Elise's Blessing

Well, this one definitely must be written down.
Sunday morning we all scrambled to get ready for church, which in itself is hectic. Then I got a call from my uncle--they wouldn't be attending, nor one of my cousins. It was sad they wouldn't attend, but I started to worry that I would have way too much food for the "after party." Then I got a call from my mother in law--dad, and two brothers in law wouldn't make it for the party. I knew I'd have too much food.

Then we got to church and realized we had forgotten the "church bag", which meant nothing for the kids to do. Fortunately, sister in law had stuff to share. Right as church was to begin, I realized my mother and father and sister hadn't arrived. I ran out and called them, and they had gone up to our old church. I hadn't thought to tell them where to go... Chruch began and they had the announcements, then the first blessing of a child. We were to be the second. Dad still wasn't there, so we had to ask them to go to the third child to be blessed. Right as they were beginning to bless the baby, Brennan freaked out. He had some silly putty and he wanted me to make a "ba". So I made a ball. I guess that wasn't it, cause he started screaming, "ba... ba..." What the heck is a ba? I had to carry him out. My dad had arrived, so I handed off my child to a (wonderful amazing) friend who took Brennan for a screaming walk, and we all made a grand entrance for the blessing of Elise.

The blessing was nice, and Scott did a great job. Thanks to all who came and supported.

Then, I went back out and got Brennan. He had calmed down. The sacrament began and he took that as a clue to begin screaming for a ba again. I had to again take him out. My (wonderful amazing) friend again took Brennan while I went off for a little cry. I got myself together, then brought Brennan BACK in. Have I told you I don't do well in stressful situations? Even little things really throw me off.

Church ended and the brother in laws decided to stay after all. And so the food was not overflowing my table (although I forgot to put out the veggie trays, so we have lots of that still...). I just need to calm down. I freak out way too easily. Lots of family was here and it was fun to sit around and chat. And then it was nice when they all left and I let out a big breath. Ahhhh. Nice to have people over and then nice when they leave. :)

It makes a good story, right? I do need to apologize to my family for being crazy, and thank them for putting up with me and for coming. I do love you. I promise.


She is officially Elise Mariah Daw. So glad to have her. She is wonderful and we LOVE her!

12 comments:

Alison said...

Oh Brittany! What a day! So glad all turned out well after al and hopefully you can figure out what a 'ba' is before next week. (haha) You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL and you have such an ADORABLE family! Lots of loves to you!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

HAHA I love you so much! I'm glad you went for a little cry...because it always seems to help! By the way, you look GORGEOUS in these pictures!! love and miss you!!!

Gunn Family said...

She is so precious! I am so sorry you were stressed and that Brennan was not on his "best behavior" but as an audience member I thought it was adorable. I mean aren't we all feeling that way on fast sunday??? :-)

Cari said...

Keep the pictures coming! I miss the boys so much and can't wait to me Elise!

Megan B ♥ said...

I laughed (only a little) and I cringed/winced/envisioned the drama clearly through this post. I definitely call it a successful story. :)

I gotta ask: when you started worrying about the food situation after the first phone call, how much does your uncle usually eat? ;)

The pictures are dawling and the blessing was so beautiful. I could SO easily see Tanner pulling a stunt like Brennan. Because he's done it. A thousand times. And it's left me in a cold, twitchy, breathless, anxiety-ridden sweat. It gave me little uncomfortable shivers just now thinking about it...

Ali Garner said...

You look so pretty in the picture with Elise!

heidiglyn said...

Beebs, I thought the whole thing was wonderful. Blessing beautiful, food good, conversation enjoyable, baby wonderful (and cute). "Ba" means "brachiosaurus." Weird you couldn't tell.

Ali Garner said...

Heidi is so funny!

Em said...

she is so beautiful

melissa said...

What a cute family, and might I say that you are a stunning mother! Jeepers lady! You're like a fine wine! Glad to hear it all went well, despite a few break downs.

Jeanna said...

It will be a day to remember for sure. And you will laugh about it later. I totally understand the craziness though, hosting a party and having all those people in your home is stressful! Maybe by the time the kids are all baptized, ordained and sent on their missions or off to school you'll be a pro at family gatherings.

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

OH I am sorry we missed it! Amelie was sick, and I was getting over a cold, and I think you are more of a germ freak than I am!!!