Friday, March 5, 2010

Update on the family (Month of February)

Not just Elise. I just looked over the blog and the last month has only about her. I need to say what else is going on in our lives.

Nothing.

Well, it is true. I guess we are doing other things, but nothing seems as fun as Elise. And she is the center of our universe.

Weston has been off track for the past three weeks. I have tried to keep him busy with daily activities: chore, reading, homework, piano, crafts, and "special stuff". For that I let them chose anything they would like to learn about and then we look things up on the internet or watch videos, etc. The favorite thing we learned about was the Sphinx in Egypt. We watched a NOVA video about it (actually Weston watched it 2 or 3 times). Very interesting. I am proud to say I have been there and seen it. I got out my photos of it and showed the kids. We've also researched polar bears, Presidents of the US, and "megabeasts" (Wooly Mammoth and Saber-toothed cats, etc). Weston is doing well in piano and has started playing both hands at the same time. He loves holding Elise and is such a good sweet boy.

Aidan had a little break from tumbling but has begun again and is doing great. I can tell he has gotten stronger. He is still singing all the time and making us laugh with his silliness. He is such a good big brother and is really teaching Brennan a lot. He has rubbed his silliness onto Brennan and is teaching him everything there is to know about cars. He is also so gentle and loving with Elise. I was talking with his teacher and she said that he talks about his brothers and sister quite a bit. I am happy to know that he loves them so much.

Brennan is crazy and fun. He is very independent, but yet very dependent. He really is showing his strong will. One of his favorite sayings is "my turn". He is questioning everything: Who's that? What's that? Who's that guy? and then saying "oh" when we answer. He loves Christmas things (still) and calls anything Christmas "Ho Ho" (like his pajamas, or a snowman, etc). He still likes my pots and pans, though isn't into them as much as he used to be (fortunately). He loves to help me cook though and anytime I am making anything he HAS to sit on the counter and help. He absolutely LOVES Elise. He smothers her with love.

Elise is such a happy baby. I already posted the smiling pics, and so many people don't believe us that she is already smiling, but she is! She is so happy. She loves to smile at her dad and brothers. She is a fairly easy baby. She wakes up just once in the night to eat and then not til 6 am. She is snuggly and cute and we are all in love with her! We will be blessing her in March.

We had Stake Conference a few weeks ago and Elder Warren G. Tate gave us a challenge to read the Book of Mormon three times (once a month...) and mark it differently each time. The first mark with yellow how God deals with his children. Next, in red, anytime there is a reference to Jesus Christ and his atonement (doctrines of the gospel). And last, in blue, mark when the Lord is speaking to me directly. I think it could be very interesting to see how things turn out. We are taking on the challenge (though I may give myself more than one month to read... I don't know how quick I can read right now).

Scott and I are happy to have a girl in our home. Scott is busy with work, his calling, and projects around the home (he painted the kids bathroom and it looks great!). I am getting used to having four kids in the home and running them around from place to place.

We are just happy!

1 comment:

Cari said...

I love looking at your updates. It makes me not so homesick, like I am almost involved. Love you much!