I gave a talk on hope and there are two things I really liked from what I studied.
When we have faith in Christ, then our hope is sure--contrastingly if we do not hav faith in Christ, then that hope for a bright eternal life is left to chance and luck.
And I retold a story that James E. Faust told of a woman who had problems with her pregnancy. She didn't give up hope, but then she miscarried. She wrote: "For one long moment, I felt mothing. Then a profound feeling of peace flowed through me. With the peace came understanding. I knew now why I couldn't give up hope in spite of all the circumstances: you either live in hope or you live in despair."
Happy Easter everyone!
1 comment:
It was a great talk too, Britt. I really really enjoyed it. Felt that dang spirit and everything :)
Post a Comment