baby!!! That is right folks, we are going to have a baby. Oh, you already knew that? What kind of baby you ask? Well, I can tell you now I know it isn't a monkey--although with Scott's looks and my personality, it very well could be a monkey!! It is a girl!!! (PS, my husband is really good looking, so a good looking monkey...)Let me explain to some of you folks what this means to me, and my neighborhood. There is a circle behind me full of wonderful people. Somehow our family is "part" of the circle--we go to their circle parties, etc. We don't have many families with kids close by, and they are full of kids. In fact, of the six families there are FOURTEEN boys. And NO girls. Seriously. So if you add us, that is 17 boys and no girls. We have been waiting for someone to BREAK THE CURSE! And we've done it! My girl will be surrounded by boys, which will hopefully mean she is well protected from meanies.
Scott's parents have 11 grandchildren. Of those there are only 3 girls (and one of them is adopted). My parents have 13 grandchildren (one born yesterday! congrats Heidi), of those 4 are girls--one adopted and one married into the family. So not many "blood" girls in our family. I feel with the family, the neighborhood, and the fact that I already have three boys, that getting a girl is quite a nice gift!
And, now I can finally get rid of the boy nursery stuff and get girl stuff!!! I will being selling my stuff on KSL soon (let me know if you are interested in it--quilt, fitted sheet, bumper, valance, and diaper hanging thing). I also have a TON of boys clothes that I can finally get rid of!
Bring on the shopping!!!
I must say that I would have been fine if it was a boy. But I am excited that I will have a girl. And Scott is so excited! He will make a great father to a girl. The boys are very happy about all this also. Weston has been praying for her for a long time. The other boys aren't quite as into it all, but I think they will be happy once she comes.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell her name (it has been picked out for quite awhile):
ELISE MARIAH DAW
Welcome to our family, Elise!
17 comments:
YAY!!! I heard about it yesterday!! Awesome!!! Are you delivering at he new Riverton hospital? I think its a trend... all my friends who have 3 boys.... their 4th has always been a girl!! And all my friends who have 3 girls,their 4th is a girl.... and my friends, me included who have 4 kids... the 4th is a girl!! lucky number 4!!
Congrats! Well, Elise is also one of my favorite girls names and if I ever get a girl, I may have to name her that. Hopefully you won't mind! I am so happy for you!
love it!
I a so excited for you and Scott...you definitely deserve a little girl at your house. Girls are so much fun and definitely a whole lot easier to shop for too!
Hooray! I knew it when you were saying how emotional you were. After having 2 boys and 2 girls I can tell a big difference in my pregnancies. FUN for you guys!
congratulations!! Girls are lots of fun!
the curse of autumn hue cr is broken! woo hoo!
(not that we are going to run out and get pregnant-but i bet some other girls will!)
hey why didn't you say something when I talked to you today? Congrats! That is so exciting! She will be a doll for sure.
Fabulous! I'm so happy for you Brittany. Oh, how much fun to shop for girl stuff. No more wondering what to buy when it comes to toys, too - you get to go down the girly aisle! Can't wait to see you and your cute pregnant belly.
Oh my Brittany! How wonderful! I am thrilled for you. I grew up in a house of boys and I loved it. I have five older brothers.
Bring on the pink. You are going to have more fun that you even realize.
When you're ready I'll show you all the hair-do blogs you can use to get ideas from.
Delightful. I'm so delighted for you. Congratulations.
PS. Boy babies are awesome too.
I am so happy that your boys will let you bring this baby home. A girl will fit in just fine with all of those boys, however one day she may wish there weren't so many. Congrats!!
You broke the curse!!! I am so excited! For sure I'm going to have a girl now... someday, anyway (hopefully soon).
I am sooo happy for you!! :) And she'll be beautiful!
Yay for baby girls--I love them! It's impossible not to spoil them because dressing them and playing with all their fun toys is just too much fun.
Such happy news--congrats!
Are the two names family names? I love it though. So pretty.
Congrats!!! Hooray! She will be beautiful! Love her name, love that you already have girl clothes, love that Weston has been praying for her, love that you are all so excited! I'm so happy for you!
Congrats, girls are so much fun. ANd so great that she has all the brothers to protecct her. xoxo
Hey--so what's the secret anyway?...
Post a Comment