Thursday, September 10, 2009

Last bit of summer fun

Well, somehow we were able to squeeze in even more summer fun those last few weeks. Thanksgiving Point has 2$ Tuesdays in August, so the last Tuesday of August I trooped over with the three kids and actually had a great time. We just wandered around the gardens and then played a bit in the Children's garden. I am glad we were able to go on a cheap day, although it really is nice and worth paying to go at least once.


My brother-in-law is married to a gorgeous Japanese girl--Yukie. I have been begging her to come over to hang out and I finally got her to come! She helped me make (okay, she made it all...) Tempura. SO GOOD! It was really fun to just be with her and then her husband came over and we all just sat around and talked all evening.

We were going to go camping with Scott's family over Labor Day weekend, but decided against it cause the weather didn't look so good. So instead we all went to the zoo on Saturday. Here is our attempt at a photo of all the cousins:

Didn't work out so well.

You can't see Brennan very well, but he is giving a cheesy smile, and the Tiger is behind him (and his cousin Hallie...) Weston just hanging around...
And Aidan sitting on the rhino's nose!

Then we had a family dinner on Sunday at his parents house and I made the spaghetti sauce. I think most people loved it--and dad had at least three helpings! It is a recipe from my sister-in-law Val. Since we have gathered our tomatoes from the garden, I have made a huge amount to freeze. If you are at all interested in the recipe, just let me know.... It is DELICIOUS!
Then on Monday we went to Lagoon. No photos, though we did take lots of video. The kids LOVED it. I am not an amusement park fan. Meaning, I have NO desire to go on any rides (though I admit, rattlesnake tube ride thing was lots of fun), but I love to see my kids having a great time! Aidan wasn't afraid of any ride and Weston was so brave to try scary things! Brennan was on both sides. Sometimes he liked it, sometimes he didn't. We did way too much walking, and way too much eating of JUNK food, but had a marvelous time.
Now I am really ready to stop playing around. Back to work and back to life!

3 comments:

Ali Garner said...

Loved the pic of all the cousins! How typical. And I'd love the spaghetti recipe :)

Miki said...

I'd also love the recipe. I can't keep up with the garden. Thanks!

Alison said...

Looks like lots of fun! Your boys are so handsome. Can't wait to see your cute girl. And I too would love the recipe! I always just open a jar of Prego or Ragu. I would love to try homemade sauce. Do you have my email? Thanks mucho!