So many things have happened this month, and although I have mentioned some of it, there is so much more that I had better get down "on paper". The kids were sick for so long, I never thought it would end. Then it did, but a few days later started up again (in fact, I am home yet again from church with the two sick, but sleeping, boys). Brennan was drooling constantly--slobber from shoulder to shoulder and down to his belly button. So that means new teeth coming through (does this kid have 500 teeth?). Which of course means being sick. He was getting so much spit and mucus that he was spitting (throwing) up all day, coughing, gagging, and all that fun stuff. Not to mention CRYING. I was holding him constantly (still am). We went to the dentist and I had him look in Brennan's mouth to make sure all is well, and he let me know that along with the two molars coming in (one 4/5th of the way, the other 1/5th...), his eye teeth are going to make their appearance. No wonder this kid is crying. I would be, too!

And now Aidan is coughing, boogers, and yesterday a fever. Again with this sick stuff. I am sick of it! (which makes me sick, too!)
Scott had his birthday and got some shoes that he picked out himself... with my help, I guess. And I made hima scrumptious coconut cake! I think it turned out well!
Our trip to the dentist was successful. Weston was SOOO brave. He had his first x-rays, and did great. The dentist said his teeth looked healthy and clean. Aidan was a little timid at first. He thought the dentist put holes in his teeth (uh... well if there are holes he fills them), but then he saw how brave Weston was, so he sat right down and had the dentist count his teeth. He has healthy teeth, too!
Weston was KING of the week at school. We made a beautiful poster and I got to go in and do a fun thing with all the kids. We read a book called, "Pop, pop, pop" and made popcorn in a old-time movie theather popcorn maker. I think the kids liked it. It was fun having Weston have a special week. He also got a "excellent student" certificate from the school.
We also had visits from family this month. My brother Kyle is engaged to a great girl, Linzi. They met out in DC although she is from Utah. They are so happy, and we are happy for them. They came (she stayed with her family), and my parents and Hilary came and we had a big fiesta with her family here at our place. It was lots of fun meeting her parents and siblings and darling daughter Evy. They were great to hang out with--very pleasant and fun people. It was fun having everybody here and the kids loved having Kyle around. We are psyched about going to DC for the wedding. Can't wait to be back there (Scott and I were married there almost 7 years ago!) and be with Kim and Val and their family.
1 comment:
That poster you made for Weston is well done - very fun - I am going to use it as inspiration in making one for Tom. Since his birthday isn't until summer, he doesn't get to be "king" for the day in preschool until the last day of school.
I feel for you, having sick kids - that is no fun at all.
Post a Comment