Sunday, February 15, 2015

December 2014

December is always full of parties and fun.  Our ward Christmas party was quite an affair.  The theme was The Polar Express.  I was given the task of putting the book into power point so we could project it up on the wall while someone read the book.  The person in charge did a phenomenal job.  She got a humongous train printed--6-8 feet tall and longer than half the gym.  Santa even came to visit.  The kids loved it.

We started a new tradition called "Giving Gloves".  We saw some people outside in the cold without gloves so we went and bought a bunch and then put cute tags on them (thanks so Omi's help) and gave them away to people who looked like they needed them.  It was fun to have the kids be looking for people in need and finding ways to help. (Although because of the unusally warm winter, it isn't as successful as we had hoped).

We also had our annual "Christmas Sing-A-Long" with neighbors and friends.  It has been a fun way for us to invite people we might not know well and celebrate Christmas in a very sweet and joyful way.

The kids have been busy with all their normal routines, school, activities, etc.  It has made the month fly by (with all the other activities in there as well)!  And Christmas came quickly.  And now the kids are already counting down to the next Christmas!  It was especially fun for Elise, she is at the perfect age for this.  The kids love to give gifts to each other.  They usually make their own gifts, out of paper, etc, and we get to each open several "love" gifts.  It makes my heart soar to see them love each other so much.

Weston and Aidan took swimming lessons this month so that Weston could pass off some scout thing.  He doesn't love it, but he worked hard.  Aidan is trying really hard as well and wants to take a Junior iTri class.  He was also the "Virtue Boy" in his class at school and we got to make a fun poster about him and all the kids in his class wrote letters to him.

All of the kids (and Scott and I) finished reading the Book of Mormon before Christmas.  We had set the goal to read it back in August and pretty much stayed on target!  It is fun to be able to read it the same time as the kids.

Brennan is studying different religions at school and it has been very good for him to realize his relationship to religions.  Now he knows he is Christian.  It has been difficult to explain that Jews an Christians came from the same line and that there are some Christians who were "Jews"...

My body just doesn't work the same way it used to, and I have to be careful or I hurt my back.  Well, a few days before Christmas I hurt my neck and so I decided to go to the doctor to see if he could shoot me with something (I didn't want to be stiff and sore for Christmas).  While there, the doctor told me to change into a gown.  Elise got so excited, but then when I put on the "hospital" gown and not a "ball gown", she didn't think I looked as pretty as she expected.  She is such a funny and fun girl!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!


No comments: