Aidan had another piano recital and did a marvelous job. You can view the piece on YouTube. He has been very busy with homework, studying geology in science (yea!) and medieval times in history. He has done so well on his tests. At his school if you get below a B on a test you retake it until you do better. He had three tests this month and was one of a few that didn't have to retake them. In math, he was the ONLY one who didn't have to retake it! I am proud of his hard work. He also sang a little one line solo in the Primary Program. This was the first and last time I would have all four kids in the Primary Program.
Elise has had an unfortunate month. We went to church and she was supposed to give a talk, but she started to act very sick (with a cold), so I told her we were going to go home. She was so mad and wanted to stay and give her talk (threw a fit), so I took her in and had her go up to give her talk. But she chickened out and wouldn't! We took her home to get a much needed nap. With the cold, her mouth and throat were hurting her. Or at least I thought that is what it was, but she kept saying her tooth hurt. I thought it was sinus problems. It was a terrible infection in her tooth! Two teeth actually. They were so bad she had to have them removed (terrible mom for not brushing her teeth better...). She now has some spacers where her teeth were. She did get a note from the tooth fairy urging her to brush her teeth more often and not eat as much candy. And now we use Anti-Cavity mouthwash in our family (I hear it is very helpful).
Brennan's big news is that he is seven! His friend birthday party was a Lego themed party, complete with little chocolate lego men. I made a lego pinata and the kids hit it open and inside were bags of lego shaped candy and lego car kit. Each boy made his car and then we had a race. They also made their own paper lego heads and pinned the head on the lego man. They ate cupcakes with chocolate lego men on them and opened presents. For his family party, I made a little lego cake and some brownies. For presents, he got.... legos! And a beautiful new bike. He is such a fun kid and so good! I am proud of him for what he is growing up to be.
We decided to take a little family getaway into the mountains and went to a nice hotel for a few days. The hotel had a pool. But there was a slight problem. It was outdoors. Why??? We still braved it and the water was actually really warm, but didn't last too long. We did have a hot tub on our balcony, so we used that a few times. I took up all my Christmas projects (neighbor gifts and Christmas cards, etc) to work on as we watched shows. We also attempted sledding, but that was a total bust. We went shopping at the outlets and went out to eat. It was a nice, relaxing trip without many cares.
Thanksgiving was fun at the Daw's. I was in charge of rolls, again. I made 96. We always eat so many of them, this time I wanted to make sure we had enough. We had leftovers.... But, that is fine. This year we divided everything out after so everyone could have leftovers of each thing--turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and rolls. Yippee. I love leftover Thanksgiving Dinner. We played some games and just sat around. It was fun to have a few days off of school and just hang with the kids. Scott's sister Lauren was in town, so we got to spend some time with them. Since everyone was in town, we also did family photos with the whole Daw family. After we went downtown to see the lights at temple square. We also took time to put up all the Christmas decor. And now we are ready for Christmas (right?).
Scott and I are busy with normal life. I am jazzing it up at Jazzercise, helping out at the school, running here and there, and doing family history with Uncle Adam. I wish I had more time to do it--it is getting addicting. Scott is working out a lot (nice weather still to go biking) and working hard. We went on a really fun date with some friends. It was similar to the Amazing Race, but just in downtown Salt Lake. You had to use clues to find things and then go on to the next place. We went with three other couples and made it a race. It was so much fun. See if there is one near you: http://urbanadventurequest.com/
I hope you all have a marvelous Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment