SUPER COOL ROCKS!
This is my rock collection. I like to collect rocks. I have shiny necklaces and shell necklaces, big shells, and little "gems". I got a necklace, ring, and sandstone from my grandma Bea. Omi and Opa sent me a little thing to dig for rocks.
I have some copper (from the copper mine near my house), gypsum (from St. George), rosette gypsum, minerals, geodes and amethysts and other things. I have some lava rock--obsidian, and I even grew my own crystals. I have a rock polisher and I polished some rocks!
I went to Spanish Fork to get some fossils (below)--they are fossils of shells. There are some "birdseyes" (above)--birdseye are "The rocks are rich in algal ball structures commonly known as "birdseyes." These birdseye features were formed by algae that grew around snail shells, twigs, or other debris. The algae used these objects as a nucleus, forming into unusual, elongated, concentric shapes." (From Utah Geological Survey)
No comments:
Post a Comment