I started writing the post for this month, but it has been too long and things have combined with Septembers stuff, so I decided to just leave that for next month's blog/newsletter, and this month with just be a little blurb.
We had some fun with Heidi and her kids at Cowabunga Bay. It was a fun end of the summer activity. We had Elaine watch Rowan and Elise and we took the big kids and just lazed about on the lazy river and played in the water and soaked up the sun. The kids had a blast together.
We have been wanting to hike to Timpanogos Cave for quite some time because Aidan is so interested in rocks and minerals. After scheduling and then rescheduling time and again, we were finally able to go. It is a mile and a half uphill to the cave (a little over an hour hike) and then a 40 minute tour inside the cave. The kids did pretty good going up--Elise decided after 10 minutes that she wanted to be carried, though, and so Scott and I took turns carrying her which made for quite a workout! The hike would have been even better if we had food, but I left all the snacks in the car! Oops! The cave was really neat and we saw some interesting things. But we were tired and the kids were getting antsy. I thought the hike down would be the easiest, but it was so hard on my knees (getting old!!!). It was worth it though and I am glad we did it. We hope to do it again, soon!
The ranger at Timpanogos Cave told us how to make our own cave formations. In a bucket (we used cups) put a piece of cement (we got some out of the empty field across the street) and add some vinegar. We did four cups: in one we also put a penny, another a nail, another just white vinegar and another just apple cider vinegar. They turned out pretty cool!
Scott ran another triathalon and did great! He took four minutes off his time and got 49th over all (344 participants) and 12th in his age group--that is really good! Way to go babe!
The kids started school--Aidan is now in 2nd grade. Mrs. Howe is his teacher and she seems great! Just perfect for him. He has a boy in his class that is in our ward and he has made some good friends already. He is playing soccer at recess and really loving it. Too bad we took a year off of recreational soccer! Weston has Mrs. Geer in fourth grade and although it has been hard being in a new school, he is doing really well. Kids easily adapt. I, unfortunately, do not have a well functioning brain anymore and forgot to take photos of their first day of school!
I am getting to know the Young Women in our ward better. They are a good group of girls. They impress me because they are all nice to each other--no mean girls! Makes it easier for me to be there. I did get a doozy of the flu for a few weeks and it knocked me out. I think because I was so busy and stressed with moving in that my body just decided it needed a break. So it rested for a good week--not feeling well the whole time though. I am still recovering with lingering coughs.
Good bye summer, welcome autum (with long sleeved open arms)!
No comments:
Post a Comment