Thursday, August 9, 2012

Random stuff

Although this is random stuff, I'll start out with a funny:

We were looking at photos of the kids when they were babies and there was a photo of me, pregnant with Elise.  I told him that was Elise in my belly.  I told him he was in my belly before he was born, too.  He sat for a moment, then smiled and said, "How did I get out of your mouth?"

Aidan lost his first tooth on July 31st.  He started complaining that his tooth hurt, so I checked it and it was wiggling, but I also checked to see if any teeth were coming in behind, like what happened to Weston.  No tooth.  Every other day or so I would check his mouth.  Then one day--there was half a tooth already coming in behind!  It popped up out of no where so quickly.  So I told him to constantly wiggle the baby tooth (so I wouldn't have to get it pulled--$$).  One evening it was so close and we told him to just pull it out but he was too afraid.  Weston said, "Just let me get it" and stuck his finger in Aidan's mouth and flipped the tooth out!  Fun for Aidan to lose his first tooth, and fun for Weston to be a part of it!

Elise is trying to get used to sleeping in her big girl bed and sometimes it is hard to stay in it.  The biggest help has been a set schedule--getting in PJs, brushing teeth, family prayer, and then she must walk EACH boy to their room, watch them "bonk" their heads on their prayer rock and say their personal prayers, THEN she goes to her room and says her personal prayer and then gets in bed.

Aidan is always the child who reminds us to say nightly family prayers.  So glad he is so willing.

Weston has been memorizing the Articles of Faith.  Each month the primary has them pass off another AofF and he has memorized up to number 9!

Brennan starts preschool soon and we went to an Open House for it.  He was confused and thought he was starting school that day.  Weston tried to explain that he would just be going to the house to see it and play. Brennan got so frustrated and said, "I just want to learn at preschool!  I want to LEARN!"

1 comment:

Los Industriosos said...

It was great reading through your blog and catching up with your life!! Your house is beautiful. I am glad your family is doing so well. I just started a new blog after a 2 year hiatus. We are in Oregon now and loving it! - Nancy Rivera