Our weather has been great the past while--so warm. The kids have loved playing outside and taking it all in. But, now it is starting to cool down, and because Utah is the way it is, one day it is nice, the next it is crazy! I took this photo of our October roses one day:
And this the next day!!

The kids were so excited for the snow they put all on their gear and made up this snowman by 8:30 in the morning. Of course by the afternoon the snow had all melted, but at least they got a snowman in! They are ready for winter.

Speaking of weather, I never mentioned it before, but we had a fire here in Herriman. It made for quite an exciting night. Scott saw the smoke on his way home from church on September 19th. We had my sister over for dinner and when I dropped her off at the bus stop I noticed all the smoke and saw the fire. The whole mountainside was lit up. It was actually pretty cool looking. But, as I neared Herriman, I could tell things could get bad. The traffic getting into Herriman was pretty crazy since so many people were coming to get a look at it. Smoke was moving really fast across the sky. By the time I got home, the fire had come up over the ridge and was coming down the mountainside towards all the homes. Areas were being evacuated, but I still felt pretty safe. We were glued to the tv all night and wouldn't have been able to get to sleep anyway, thinking of what could happen. I guess the fire could have gotten to us, but it really would have had to move quite a bit, and either go through hundreds of homes first, or travel a mile or so east and then a mile or so down the field AND THEN over to our house. So, I didn't panic. But, just in case, we went through the house and marked the things we would put in the car before jetting out. It was a good reminder of what to do to be ready for a disaster. Glad nothing happened to us, and really the whole community was blessed that more didn't happen.
Scott was able to get some good photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment