Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weston, 1st day of school

Weston begins 2nd grade. His teacher is Mrs. Craven--a coveted teacher. She used to be a Kinder teacher but switched up. He has already told me that he likes 2nd grade better than first. He is especially excited that Aidan will be going to school with him. He is always concerned about meeting Aidan after school and making sure Aidan knows what to do, and who people are, etc. I love when I pick them up and he is holding hands with Aidan and Chloe (a girl we carpool with) taking them to the car. He is doing well in math and spelling, but as before, realllly needs to work on handwriting. He is making new friends and really enjoys playing soccer during recess.

His first day he was a bit worried cause I wasn't going to be hanging out with him or anything. But, he got along just fine and then his dad picked him up from school and took him to iceberg. Lucky boy!

My camera wasn't working well when I took the photos, so this is the best I have. But I am including a photo of a Jedi temple that Weston made---so creative!

2 comments:

Ali Garner said...

What a great big brother Weston is!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

You have just given me something to look forward to for next year. I was getting all depressed about Tanner following in Aiden's footsteps next year and then you pointed out the joy of having him be with Kinley for part of his adventure. That sounds very reassuring and precious. Having two kids in school will be a fun new dynamic for them. Thank you!