Monday, August 23, 2010

Cousins!

My brother and his wife visited us for a few weeks. We had so much fun. The kids loved playing together--they are not only good cousins, but great friends. We met up with my sister and her fam at Lagoon. I have such great memories of when I was a kids and went with Kim and the cousins to Lagoon. Riding the bumber cars over and over again, accidentally getting on the Wild Mouse (?) and being so scared. Ahh... the fun. Now my kids are getting those great memories. Taylor and Brennan had lots of fun together:
And Weston and Aidan were sure brave getting on some big rides! Poor Scott was really sick with a cold, so it wasn't any fun for him, but he toughed it out for the kids. I even went on a few rides.
Aidan and Spencer loved hanging out, singing together, and having fun. Weston and Ellie had so much fun together (playing with clay), but I think Ellie loved having a little girl to play with, too. And Elise loved the attention and love from her older cousin!

We went to a fun play place with go karts, arcade games, mini bowling, more fun, and pizza. The kids looooved it. Then we went to a Cowabunga bay and soaked up some sun. We had a fun get-together with Uncle Adam and Deanna and her kids. It was fun to catch up with them. A very enjoyable evening. Later we had another dinner with Uncle Adam and his wife Jan. Hilary came, too. Nice to have her living closer to me so she can come to dinners.

Kim and Val took us out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It only took us 20 minutes to decide where to eat... It was delicious and a fun evening. I wish they lived closer so we could get together more often. I really enjoy their company and the kids just love each other. I realize how much I still look up to my older brother and want him to "approve" of me. I also love Val. She is so fun to be with and is such a great mom. Thanks for coming. Come again soon!

No comments: