We are on year round school and started at the end of July. We are on a track that goes to school for three weeks, and then we are "off track" for three weeks. So we are having our second summer. It has been pretty fun, and it is a bit cooler, so not so hot to be outside, and places aren't as crowded.
We started off by saying goodbye to the cousins, and then headed off to the library. We have lots of time to do some good reading. One day, we went to Wheeler Farm and took a leisurely stroll, ate a lunch, fed the ducks, and enjoyed the weather. We stopped at the mall and tried to get some school clothes shopping. We took a trip to Borders and got a free book (because they read so many books this summer).
Soccer games have started for both Aidan and Weston. Weston is on a team with some good friends and Aidan is on the team he was on last year. Both practice weekly and have games weekly. It is a lot of driving and sitting around watching, but the boys really enjoy it and are getting really good at soccer.
We really wanted to go to the "beach" here in Herriman, but right as we got ready for it, a rainstorm started.
The rain poured down, it hailed, and the retention ponds filled up to the top. Our neighbors live behind one of the ponds and it wasn't draining correctly and water gushed over the side and flooded their basement! Pretty much everything is gone. They had to gut the basement and they can't even stay in their house for a long time. I feel so terrible for them. A few days later, I turned on our water and there wasn't much pressure. I got worried and fortunately went down and checked our water heater--water was gushing from the bottom. It was flowing into the drain, but I was just about to leave for several hours and if I hadn't checked it, we would have had a flood in our basement. Of course, nothing like our neighbors, but it really made me feel grateful for what I have and feel empathy for my friend.
We went to a little outdoor concert of Whitney Layne, my neighbor's daughter. She is a great singer and the kids had a blast running around and dancing to the music. My uncle Matt and his two girls came. It was fun. Check out here website here.
We have harvested tomatoes from our garden and we ran them through our "victorian strainer" and now have 56 cups of tomato sauce! We are going to make spaghetti sauce and bottle it, but I am a bit afraid of canning. We'll see if we just end up freezing it. (This is our frozen sauce)
We are also getting potatoes, carrots, beets, onions, and green peppers. 
The boys went to a sports camp one full week. Every day for four hours--they played two different sports, swam for an hour, ate a sack lunch, and played some more. They really enjoyed it and I felt it was a good option. We weren't able to get them in swimming lessons because of certain time restrictions, so for them to be able to swim daily for a week kind of made up for it. I wish I would have gotten a photo of them there. They looked so cute and Aidan was so excited. The girl in charge of the camp was darling and really loved the boys.
While the boys were at camp, I tried to get caught up on the house, make the PTA newsletter, and watch my other children. (Here is a photo of my newsletter--pretty nifty, no?) 
Which has been crazy with Elise getting her upper teeth! Drooling constantly and gnawing on everything, but mostly she just wants to be held. I cannot do things one handed. (But wow, she is CUTE!!!)
I feel like I have been so busy lately. Is it having four kids, or that my kids are getting older, or the combination? I am constantly doing stuff. I can't keep up with laundry, grocery shopping is continuous, the house is constantly messy, and the boys are always wanting my attention somehow. I love it... but I'd like to breathe. But, I am to blame. I want to keep the boys busy with good things to do, so any of my down time is taken up by doing stuff with them.
We only have a few more days off track. We are planning on going to the zoo, Thanksgiving Point Gardens, swimming, and the beach. But, all of this is dependent on the weather... It is raining right now, so the kids are stuck inside building a fort and making a fine mess. This weekend we are going camping with the Daw family. Once last chance to enjoy summer before going back to school.
2 comments:
Cutest pictures of the boys and Elise! I can't wait, only a week from today!!
Hey Beebs, those kids are all mine!
Post a Comment