Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Elise-- 6 months

Well, really seven months. Elise had her six month appointment last week, even though in the next few days she'll be seven months. She is such a BIG baby--well, she is long at least. In the 90th percentile. Twenty-seven and a half inches long and fourteen and a half pounds. Tall and skinny.
She is such a joy. She is a happy baby. She got sick with an ear infection and was pretty miserable for awhile, but I would still get comments from people about how happy and sweet she was. She has her first two teeth and is still drooling constantly.

Just lately she is starting to do some really fun things. I caught her shaking her head for fun. She absolutely loves her blanket and when I put her down she grabs her blanket, grins, and shoves it in her mouth. That isn't all she shoves in her mouth. She loves food. Especially pancakes, mozzerella cheese, and yogurt. I almost skipped entirely over feeding her baby (gerber) food. She has just dived into eating everything. I stopped nursing, which was strangely emotionally hard for me to do. I felt like I was being selfish. But, it had to be done.

She also loves dolls. It is so interesting to go from three boys and their toys to having a little girl who just lights up when given a doll! I love it! I love her!

1 comment:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

What a cutie!! She looks so much like aidan in the top pic!! Shes getting so big and I just want to kiss those sweet cheeks!!