I worked with Scott's awesome aunt Holly and she wanted to set us up, so she gave him my number. He didn't plan on calling me because he didn't necessarily trust her judgement (she had already been married several times...) and because she told him I was an RM and he didn't have positive feelings for sister missionaries... But, finally he called me. My first impression was that he was short. I don't know why, maybe cause he was standing a step down from me when he picked me up for our first date. We went to Applebees and then to Desert Star Playhouse. I thought he was very easy to talk with and a nice, genuine guy. He kept asking me out, and although I thought he was nice, I was dating a few other guys, too. But, then I started to like him more than the other guys. But one night he said he thought we should only date each other (meaning I stop dating anyone else at all). But I said, if that is the case we would be engaged, and I wasn't ready for that. You see, for me to give up on possibilities with other guys meant that I had found the ONE guy I wanted to be with FOREVER. That night I went to a movie with a guy friend (I say not a date, Scott says it was a date), but the whole time I thought, "I would rather be with Scott." Well, the lightbulb went on and I realized (and said out loud to the guy...) "I think I am getting married." I don't think I've talked to that guy since, but the next day I bought a Bride's magazine. Scott and I hadn't even come close to talking about marriage! But I was praying about it and knew he was the one. I wrote in my journal that I knew he was the one, and at the same time, he wrote in his journal that he knew I was the one for him! Pretty cool, no?
Quickly our relationship grew stronger and it easily became an engagement. It has been a blast the whole time and I know no one better than Scott. He is my everything. (Mushy and corny...)
Eight years! Love you darling. Thanks for asking me to marry you.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! You two are so wonderful together!! So happy you are part of the family! And that is such a cute pic of my big brother!!
How mushy-gooshy! Congratulations you two!
Happy anniversary! That's an awesome story. I am totally with you on the dating other people thing. I told Justin the same thing. He was ok with that (he knew how to play the game), but he just didn't give me any opportunities to go out with anyone else!! Ah..... love. Ain't it grand! Kisses for Auntie Holly!
I so remember you dating Scott and how excited you were about dating so many guys at once. And then really deciding Scott was the one. You remember, we had lunch together at the mall? What fun memories! You two are great together and have adorable kids! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment