Sunday we went to church--it is so interesting to go back to Sugar and see old friends. I have a wave of happy feelings, but also of disgust with myself and how dumb I was when I was young. There are some wonderful people there who have always believed in me, though. My neighbor, Brother Grover, gave me a momento --a 1881 dollar coin. He is so sweet. I am so glad he was our home teacher for a million years and was and is so nice to the family and me. He is a good man. I also saw Brother Mortensen, who remembered me after all these years. It sure made me feel good to have him reach out and say hi. Sugar City is such a wonderful place!
We had a delicious dinner and then had dessert with more neighbors and they told lots of fun stories. I love to sit around and tell and hear stories. I learn so much about people... Monday we packed up and came home. It was a good trip. Thanks to the Browns and Barkers for their hospitality.Elise was all decked out in festive dress and Brennan is showing off his MESSY face--too much cotton candy!
7 comments:
I can't believe we didn't see you.. we were there also. We left on Sunday but we went to the old Sugar ward the couple of weeks that we were there. Glad you had a great time :)
Love the fourth clothes! She is so cute! The 4th is always my favorite day of the year.
A couple of dollies!!
We loved seeing you Daws. Wish things hadn't been so chaotic what with getting ready for Trek, and so forth. Love you all so much.
Dang that dress is cute! But of course, that little girl in the dress is much cuter!
I LOVE the dress!!
Sounds like you had a fun time, I'm loving Elyse's dress, so cute!
Post a Comment