Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Festivities

My sister Heidi came down with her kids for Thanksgiving. They came a week before and we did lots of playing! Heidi and I went shopping and found her some DARLING boots (I am really jealous!). We took the kids to Costco (eek--what a trip. Two mom, six kids and on a Saturday!!! What were we thinking?). We took a trip down to the Children's museum and the kids loved it. Another day we went to the aquarium. So much for taking it easy. We were all over the place having tons of fun! So worth it. It was great for the cousins to play together and meet my newest nephew. He was SOOOO good. He hardly makes a sound and just sits there calm and sweet! Heidi and I had lots of fun talking about Brown memories and oddities--a subject that never gets boring...
We baked and cooked all evening on Wednesday and all day Thursday. Scott made the turkey and gravy (way to go hon!), Heidi made mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. I made jumbleberry pie and the rolls. It was a great feast and we had LOTS of leftovers.
Because Weston has been off track, I wanted the kids to do crafts to prepare for Thanksgiving. I had lots in mind, but instead only got these cute "Turkey Nut Cups" done (they took three days...). But, aren't they darling? Made of egg cartons--I took the idea from familyfun.com.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I am so grateful for ... all the normal stuff. :)

2 comments:

Ali Garner said...

Very cute nut cups. Linzi and I made turkeys with pipe cleaners and clear cellophane bags filled with orange, brown, and yellow m&ms. (Obviously we had to eat the other ones . . .)

Em said...

ok so that turkey is so cute.