Saturday, January 10, 2009

Three wise boys

Christmas vacation was full of parties and many things to do! We had many Daw and Blair family parties, and then Scott's own family party. We had our first Ron and Tracey Daw grandkids nativity. Weston was a bit too shy to by Joseph so Aidan took over that part, Weston was a wise man, and Brennan was a sleep (no, not a sheep-- asleep... sleeping--it was a bit late for him to take part, but let's pretend he was a sheep so he was a part of it all). Anyway, they were darling.


We continued with the nativity theme this year and did our own little nativity. We were just going to read the story, but they wanted all the clothes on, too. Then on Christmas evening we went to my Uncle Matt and Aunt Barbara's for a Brown gathering and had yet ANOTHER nativity. I thik we got the "point of Christmas" across...

On Christmas eve we went to dinner with Scott's family, then headed home for our "traditions". We opened Christmas pajamas, made pretzel "cookies" (pretzels dipped in chocolate) for santa, left a carrot for Rudolph, read the Christmas story, hung up our stockings and told if we were "good" this year and told what we wanted for Christmas. I like our traditions. It is fun cause some of it comes from my family, some from Scott's and then we have created our own. Christmas morning the boys each rang a bell and they came down the stairs, and then found their stockings (filled with a suprisingly small amount of candy this year... yeah!) and we opened presents. Then the visits began.

We visited Grandma Nancy, Grandma Daw (glad we saw her one last time before she died), Grandma Bea, and then to Mom and Dad Daw's. We gave Dad his "Heritage Makers" book about his parents that we made him. He loved it. I am so glad we had it for him before Grandma died. He then asked if we could get one for each of his siblings. So I made five more (not too hard, just a few pics to change out).
In the evening we had the extended Brown family get together. The next morning we woke up and SLOWLY drove through storm residue up to Idaho to visit my family. We had a great time (for some reason I have NOOO photos!!??!). Devan made a ice skating rink the kids played on, and they got to see the baby goats, and I went shopping with my sisters!

It was a great Christmas vacation and now let's get back on with life!

7 comments:

Jenni Taysom said...

Your boys are so adorable.

Ali Garner said...

Great pics, great post. You've inspired me to get busy on my own blog :)

Jeanna said...

What a busy couple days you had. Bet the boys loved it all. But I bet you were tired. :-) I love the picture of your house with the lights. Beautiful.

ba and the boys said...

i think our family has the same costumes for christmas eve!
i love the photo of your boys in their matching pjs!
you have a beautiful family!

Karri said...

Your house looks so pretty. Sounds like you guys had fun during the holidays. Your family is so cute. I love your boys in their matching Pjs

Alison said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Love the nativity outfits. I know, there are always so many times to do the nativity, but so fun. Your boys are darling, and so are you! Love the pictures of the matching jammies. Cute!

EBD said...

I would love to hear more about your traditions - they sound like so much fun and much different from ours (I love to hear and try new things).
I was also glad to hear you were safe traveling to Idaho the day after Christmas - I'm sure that was a bit scary.