So Brittany had PRK eye surgery on Thursday afternoon to correct her vision. (No more glasses or contacts!!)
PRK is like LASIK except that instead of cutting and peeling back a flap of the cornea, doing the procedure, and then replacing the flap; they disovle a layer of the cornea, remove it completley, do the procedure, and then the removed layer has to grow back. The recovery from PRK is not fun. I had LASIK about 9 years ago and my recovery was minimal to none. She is in a lot of pain and has quite a bit of discomfort, though she is not complaining too much, just sleeping a lot.
We are very grateful that her angel mother came into town to help her.
I want to post a picture of Brittany but I know she would never talk to me again so no pictures. Anyway in a few more days she will be all better and have perfect vision!
12 comments:
tell brittany I have been thinking of her the past few days and hoping all is well. i didn't email because i figured she wouldn't be using her eyes on the computer yet. Abe keeps asking about playing with Aiden and Weston so maybe i'll call next week and have them come over. Good luck with the recovery.
Just think of the freedom of no glasses or contacts...woohoo! Hope you heal comfortably...and quickly! :)
Here is to a quick recovery! What a nice feeling to have no glasses or contacts again...I would love that myself. Good for you!
Hope it all heals well, give her my best and know that our prayers are with her! :)
Sounds painful, hope your recovery goes well and you feel better soon!
How nice to never have to worry about contacts again. I hope you are doing better Brittany and if I can make you a meal you better call me. I would love to.
Hey Beebs, someday you'll be really glad you did this (and I'm really glad I did the implantable contacts . . .) Hope you feel better soon hon!
That's fabulous - no contacts is wonderful. Hope you feel better soon and can see and enjoy the new freedom.
that is so cool, i want to do that so bad. congrat's on the new eyes
How exciting! I am so happy for you! I know that all this pain and recovery business will all be worth it when it is all said and done!
You are brave to have been at church! I saw you rockin' your movie star sunglasses and you looked good :) Hope you are feeling better soon and seeing perfectly.
I am so excited for you. When I saw you the other day, you were looking good. I love the sun glasses.
Post a Comment