Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ode to Grandma Bea


Scott's Grandma Bea just celebrated her 80th birthday. She is just a wonderful, fun lady and I am so glad I can call her grandma, too! She loves songs and she always makes up songs for people on special days (weddings, etc), so we decided to write her a song. We just put words to the song "Thank you very much" from the musical Scrooge. The song references some of the great things she has done for all the grandkids. Here are the words (by the way, if you haven't seen "Scrooge", you really ought to. It is lots of fun):

"Ladies and gentlemen On behalf of all the people who have assembled here I would merely like to mention if I may That our unanimous attitude Is one of lasting gratitude For what Grandma Bea has done for us today And therefore I would simply like to say

Thank you very much! Thank you very much!
We wrote this song to say we love you Grandma Bea
All the presents that you give,
The happy way you live
You’ve made our lives as fun as they could ever be.
And since you gave a bugle
We’ll have to blow it
To show you that we love you very much
But since that’s really not enough
We'll simply have to say
Thank you very, very, very much!
Thank you very, very, very much!

Thank you very much! Thank you very much!
For all the slumber parties and the shoe fairy
It really was bizarre,
Riding in the trunk of your car
But we have lived to cherish all those memories
And since you gave a drum
We’ll have to bang it
To show you that we love you very much
But since that’s really not enough
We'll simply have to say
Thank you very, very, very much!"

5 comments:

Callie said...

How cute! Sounds like a lady we could all benefit from knowing. I bet she loved it :)

Alison said...

Great song! Grandma's are the best. I'm sure you make her feel very loved!

And wow you're one busy mom! I love that you were baking all day, whew! Lucky neighbors of yours to get such a great dinner from you. And I love your tile backsplash. Gorgeous!

Karri said...

Cute, cute picture! ARen't grandmas just the best. I love your kitchen!

Lindsay Young said...

How cute is that? I am glad that you guys have a grandma like that. She sounds like a very neat lady.

Rachel said...

Grandma Bea Is the best isn't she! And that song was pure creative genious. I am happy to have found you too. I'll check on you often.