
You know how we painted the kitchen? Well, that led to another project(s). We decided to tile above the sink, below the window. It looks so good and makes the kitchen look so fun!!! We splurged a bit and got some AWESOME tile! I couldn't believe the prices of some of those tiles! (another project was putting lights under the cabinets--it really lights up the room and makes such a difference. Props to my amazing husband who did ALL of this, and did it extremely well!!!)

For some reason I have never gotten caught up after the painting in the kitchen, and we had so much going on last weekend, and I cooked and baked so much the past few days, that I hadn't gotten any of the big dishes done. Here is a photo of all those dishes --my wonderful husband washed them all tonight!! I love you honey!!! Now I feel like I can finally get back on top of things.

Just for fun, here is what I did today: Decided NOT to go to Jazzercise (although I usually go at 9), and instead we made aebelskivers and I made way too many. We then got books and read for half an hour. Bathtime. Three cute and messy boys in the tub. Brennan took his morning nap, I got dressed and ready while the boys played. Then I cleaned up breakfast, made lunch, got Weston ready for school. I put ingredients into the bread maker, started that up. Then Aidan pooped in the potty. You may think that is silly to add, but it is HUGE for me! We celebrated for awhile, then got Weston off to school, did a bit of grocery shopping, and back home for cooking. I prepared two pans of lasagna. Got the bread out and made more bread dough for breadsticks. Cleaned up the lasagna mess, and made cookies. While all of this is going on, Aidan laughed and danced and fussed. Brennan slept and then woke and fussed. Scott came home early and took the two older boys up to the church while he did some work up there, and I got together a meal for a family in the ward (one of the lasagnas, the breadsticks, cookies and a salad). I took it up to them while Scott did the dishes, then we set the table, ate (well, some of us ate), cleaned up, got Brennan a bottle, then to bed. Finally took a break to write this post. And now I will go get the boys off to bed. That is a pretty normal day for me. Okay, not too normal. I don't usually make two lasagnas. And often I work on scout stuff, and other, you know... things. Just life things. Like--I am the room parent for Weston's class, and I am making October's calendar. Oh, I am also working on preparing my Christmas list for the boys!!! I think I am pretty much done! Wow, looking over the day makes me feel like I do gt some things done! Once I am done here I am going to go seal that grout and then we'll be done with projects for awhile (I hope!).
9 comments:
Wow! Your tile looks absolutely AWESOME!! Love it, Love it, Love it. I'm getting ready to move Ryan to his big boy room and am feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it... Wish me luck. ;)
Oh my heck Beebs you are wonderwoman. I haven't even started thinking about Christmas (although Scott has our vacation planned out to the last minute). I love the tile by the way, and I laughed out loud at Weston's "be still my heart" comment. Don't kids just slay you?!
Simply lovely! I love your color choices. Beautiful!
I think we have the exact same kitchen sink! How funny.
You've been busy!! I love the tile above your sink. And how are you already thinking about Christmas? I am still working on Halloween :) Maybe I need to get myself in gear!
That tile is BEAUTIFUL! I love it Brittany.
I seriously love this post! I have noticed a few moms posting their doings of the day and it just amazes me at all that you each get done and are working on. I am not sure if I'd dare to try it . . . we'll see. Keep having fun with those handsome, fun boys!
P.S. I LOVE the tile too!
im glad you did the orange-ish tiles! they look amazing!
Post a Comment