Sunday, March 6, 2016

February

Happy Love Month!

Weston signed up to do a STEM class after school to learn how to do computer coding for games, etc.  He enjoyed it while it lasted.  He picks up on those kind of things so quickly.  Well, on anything really.  He got all A's and one A- this term.  This coming term he is starting a Journalism class. He is rocking Spanish--he has a great memory and a good accent.  He is just finishing up indoor soccer and starting outdoor soccer.  He has played really well indoors but it is quite different than outdoor--the ball bounces against walls, etc.  He did score several times.  We are excited to move to real grass!

Both Weston and Aidan have enjoyed skiing this winter with Scott and got to go one (probably) last time.  Now that they know what they are doing, they are whipping down the hills.  It is a more expensive hobby, dang it, but I am glad they feel comfortable out on the slopes (something I don't feel...).  And we live in Utah, for heaven sake's, we should know how to ski!  Aidan is growing up fast--and to be such a responsible kid!  He is so happy at school and came home the other day and said, "I have so many friends at school."  That made me so happy!  He is going to a pokemon club on Saturdays with some friends from school.  He is in the middle of doing AIM piano tests--he did his written theory test and got a 98% (and 100% on ear training).  Next month he has his piano playing test.  I am proud of him.

Brennan got to go to the baptism of his best friend Luke.  So special that they are such good friends.  Then when the kids had a week off of school for second winter break, he did his own Bakery (called B & B Bakery Jr. (because some day we will have a real one that won't be junior...).  He sold triple chocolate cookies and brownies.  About 12 people ordered things and he made over 30 brownies and about 50 cookies.  It was so much fun to do with him and he is so darling!  He has been studying the digestive system at school and one day they made "poo".  Gross, but boys that age think it is pretty fun.

Elise had fun with all sorts of cousins this month.  Omi and Opa and Rowan came down to see Linzi and we were all introduced to Seraphina (what a beautiful mellow child!).  It was wonderful to see Linzi, I just wished they all lived closer.  Elise got to play with Rowan (they get along so well!).  We took a trip to the curiosity museum with Omi and Opa and had a great time (such a fun place).  And then she also got to do nails with her Daw cousins--Adrianne, Halle, and Olivia (who came up from New Mexico).  We did gold nails to go with the wedding colors (dark blue dresses with gold touches).  To make the month even better she passed off her kick over in tumbling class!

Scott's brother Cameron got married to a wonderful gal, Abby.  She is so perfect for him and a great fit in the family.  I got to host the bridal shower for her and I had so much fun preparing it (I have never hosted one before).  Since it was on Valentine's day, it was an easy theme... Love!  We had normal food--chicken salad sandwiches, salads, fruit, etc.  I made pink lemonade cupcakes and pink meringue heart shaped cookies (which were a hit!).  I made them a house decoration where I nailed nails into some boards into the shape of a heart and then took several different colors of pink thread and wove it around the nails.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  The wedding dinner was held at the Joseph Smith Building and Scott did a little roast--10 things Abby needs to know about Cam.  It was fun and he delivered it well.  The wedding was held at the Draper temple on February 27th and then a reception after at a country club.  It was absolutely beautiful and very classy.  We are so happy to have her in our family now!

Scott and I have been busy with various things.  We went out with a mission buddy and his wife (the Deschlers) one weekend, then had a date night with some friends for Valentine's day (the Simisters).  Scott is busy with scouts, and so am I!  We have been worried for several friends in the neighborhood--our ward seems to be plagued and many are sick with various problems.  A good friend, Heather was just diagnosed with a thyroid cancer (she is my age) and another friend, Katie has a disease called POTS.  It is horrible--she can't stand up or she faints.  She literally stays in bed (lying down, sitting up is only for about 20 minutes) all day.  Gets up to go to the bathroom and to exercise for five minutes! Doing the most simple things can wipe her out.  We have had a ward fast for her and we pray that she can return to normal activity quickly.

We are so grateful for our health and the blessings we have from the Lord.  Our lives are blessed because of the gospel.  And as we meet challenges and trials, we know we can turn to the Lord to make it through and to feel peace and love.

No comments: