Monday, March 9, 2015

February

Aidan has been lucky enough to participate in a Junior iTri program at the local rec center.  He went every Saturday in February and the last week they did a little triathlon and he worked so hard and accomplished all the goals he set.  I am so proud of him!  He also took the first part of his AIM piano test and did wonderful on that as well.  He still has another portion of the test where he plays two songs for the judges and some scales/cadences, etc.  He is so good at working hard without complaint!

Weston and I got to spend some great time together this month.  He (and his friend Gideon) came with Omi, Heidi, and me to the Family History Rootstech conference downtown.  We were hoping to meet Studio C and David Archuleta, but the lines were WAY too long.  Still we had fun.  We went to Seigfrieds and Weston and Gideon had their first real German food--and it was rather fun seeing them try some of that ... 

It was so fun having Heidi and Omi here.  Heidi and I got our toenails done and we went to IKEA (I think they went several times...). Unfortunately, I hurt my back trying to get frames for Heidi, so we quickly went back home and I was then laid up for a few days.  Once home I was lamenting to Scott about it when Elise turned to us and said, "Jesus can heal you."  I just love the simplicity of little children, and of course she is just so darling!!  She is constantly making us laugh and smile.  She is such a helper around the house and loves to do "girl things" with me. 

Heidi and Omi were here to go to the One Heart Bulgaria Gala and Scott and I went, and took Scott's brother Matt and his wife Liz with us.  What a great event it turned out to be.  Great conversations, food, and entertainment.  A great way to spend pre-Valentines Day (better than being in bed on the actual Valentines Day!).  Scott and I also went on another date to the wedding of our friends' (Amber and Reed) daughter.  What a great month for LOVE!

Aidan and Brennan were out of school for a week so we took some friends (Tate and Addie) and went to the Natural History Museum (we love that place!).  We made some food, tumbled some rocks, and did a lot of sitting around playing the wii. 

Brennan has been studying different countries in school and the latest is Mexico.  They had a fun party where they got to experience different things from their culture.  I took Mexican Hot Chocolate and real Mexican cookies for them to try.  He is doing so well in school and really loves it.  I love it when he comes home and tells me all the new things he is learning. 

The month ended with a fun but a little sad night with some friends, the Lesters.  They were our neighbors in Herriman and they are moving to Colorado and we will miss them!!! Weston's first friend was their daughter Maddy.  And Brennan and Tommy have been friends for years.  We invited them over for dinner, and then thought, "Let's make a party of this!" and invited a bunch of friends from the old neighborhood.  Realizing they wouldn't fit in our house, we held the party at the church instead.  We had about 12 adults and 25+ kids!  I made some pizzas for the adults and we bought cheap pizza for the kids.  We had a great time laughing and reminiscing over good times.  We are so glad they are such good friends and we will miss them!

No comments: