Weston’s big news is written on his face—He has glasses! One Sunday he mentioned that he couldn’t see the hymn numbers. So I took him in and yep, he has the lucky genes that we all have. He got two pair of glasses –one black and one black and red. He looks handsome in both (and he knows it). He has been working really hard on Webelos and is getting closer to finishing it. He only has three months and then he attends 11 year old scouts and will start on the big campouts!
The kids didn’t have school for a week, so we took a few
days to just hang out and play around and then we went up to Idaho for a few
days. Omi had been in Chicago with Ali
for a while, so on her way home she stayed with us a few days. We had a lovely time shopping together
(Costco, fabric stores) and organizing my laundry room (So happy with the end
product). We then drove her to
Idaho. It was one of the most pleasant
rides up. We checked out “Half Magic” by
Edward Eager and listened to it on my phone (cool how you can do things like
that!). It lasted almost exactly the
right amount of time and the kids loved hearing it. We all just sat spellbound as we drove. Lovely.
And our stay in with the Barkers was lovely as well. I read an Agatha Christie, the kids played,
Elise took over the hop on ball (now I know a great gift to get her), Weston
helped deliver papers, the kids fell in love with Fifi (great dog!), Elise and
Rowan played together well, I helped mom a bit on the peach room, Aidan and
Bren played, and we generally just had a good time hanging out. We went into town and hung out in the
Manwaring Center (ah, what great memories!) and even took a trip to the
DI. We went out to eat at the MC with
the family and Weston got a hamburger and it tasted just like it did back in
the day (yes, I stole a bite).
As I left, I stopped at Schofield's--pounded on the doors until Kathie opened them for me. Then we hugged and cried. It is hard to see that beautiful building with locked doors. I have so many memories associated with it. I loved the poem Heidi wrote about it, and I am happy that I got the chance to work at that wonderous place!
We returned just in time for me to go do sealings with Scott
and his family. We have been trying to
do this monthly and it is very enjoyable.
We have also been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. Our tulips are poking up, we have planted our first veggies, and it is even warm enough that our spinach from last year is still producing eatable leaves! We are eager for spring. Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment