Not much but fundraising goes on September--we gave money to our elementary school (two different kids), Friends of Scouting, the local high school football team, the Food Bank, and various other places... We are out of donations!
I guess other things go on as well: Football season begins, harvesting time is in full swing, soccer games, and Brennan starts preschool. It has been great weather, so we have really been able to enjoy all of our September activities.
At the beginning of the month, we went up to Wasatch Mountain State Park and picked apples at Huber Grove. We are making this a yearly activity, we have so much fun! There are long poles with apple grabbing things on them and Scott and Weston go to town with them while Brennan, Aidan and I pick up the apples on the ground. Elise loved it this year, and ate her year supply of apples (core and all). She loved picking up EVERY SINGLE apple off the ground, regardless of its state of being...
Once we had all the apples we began the process of storing them all--we made applesauce, dried apples, and (frozen) pie filling. A few hours later, and one messy kitchen later, we decided to keep going and move on to our tomatoes. We made several batches of spaghetti sauce, dried some basil, and later made raspberry jam! Just last week, I decided to keep giving the kitchen a work out again and I canned 9 quarts of pears and made pear (and pear/raspberry) jam. Are we done yet? Yes! (please...)
Soccer games are in full swing--both boys are really improving. They have been practicing for the school Jog-A-Thon, which they just ran--Weston 2 miles and Aidan 1 mile. Both did marvelous!
Brennan has started in a little neighborhood preschool--very small, it just consists of three children, and we moms are the teachers! He loves that "mom" is his teacher. We had a fun lesson on apples (of course, what else could I do with all those extra apples?) and the letter A. He has also learned about N and O, oceans and animals. He is having lots of fun and seems like such a big boy. We bought him big boy school shoes (Lego shoes, they are so cute) and big boy jeans.
Scott is normal and so I am. We really are. Normal. Elise is funny and strange though. But we love her to bits and pieces, along with all our boys. We are a happy family!
1 comment:
Way to go Brittany!!!! You are all ready for winter!!! And I think you and Scott are normal...ish ;). Love your cute, happy family!!!
Post a Comment