Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kids say the darndest things!

Brennan has been so funny lately.  We must have talked about our bodies telling us if we are hungry, etc, but now he thinks his body tells him everything!  He told us "My body tells me I need candy", "My body tells me I need to stay up late", "My body tells me I need to pee two times", etc.  It never seems to tell him to eat his vegetables.  We have had lots of problems with kids eating their dinners, and Sunday dinner is always a fight because if we ever visit Grandma and Grandpa they couldn't ever have treats!  We started a new program where each Sunday I have a special helper who chooses dinner and dessert and then helps me make it.  Brennan was my first helper and he chose to make "Chicken Fingers" (Breaded Chicken on skewers), Jello salad, and peas.  And guess what????  He ate dinner.  The whole thing.  The first time he has eaten his whole dinner in years (besides hot dogs, pizza, or german pancakes).  Hopefully his body will start telling him to eat more healthy meals!

Another funny thing he said was one night he was getting tired and was crying the whole way home.  He was frustrated about nothing and everything and just didn't know how to express himself.  He cried, "Mom, I feel like I am going to turn into a monster!"  Poor boy!  We talked about it of course and hopefully he won't turn into a monster any time soon...

He is getting rather dramatic.  The other day he was crying and crying that he wanted some chocolate chips.  Finally he yelled out, "I am going to die if I don't get chocolate!"  I don't know where he has heard that before...

The other day he bonked his ear and came in crying.  After a minute he said, "I hope Heavenly Father makes it feel better."  He said a little prayer and a few minutes later said, "Mom, it feels better!"  Such faith!

No comments: