Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gosh she's cute...

Of course I think she is cute... Here is the story of her birth--nothing exciting, but needs to be written down.

The pregnancy was LONG and painful and annoying. I kept waiting for the contrations to actually do something and put me into labor, but alas, that was not my fate. My doctor kept going out of town, too, so some days I wouldn't want her to come, and then others I was desperate for her to come! Again, my doctor was scheduled to go out of town from the 29th of January til February 8th. Since her due date was the 4th, and I wasn't about to wait til the 8th, we scheduled to induce on January 28th. A good day for a birthday! We got the call around 6 am to go on in and got there around 7:00. By 10:30 they finally had the pitocin going, 11:30 broke my water, and 12:30 we were ready to go! Only pushing during two contractions and then she kinda just popped out on her own. I had an epidural (thank goodness!) which made it very enjoyable, and after the birth I actually said, "That was easy!" The nurse we had was AMAZING! Don't good nurses just make a world of difference???

The recovery has been just fine, and I actually enjoyed those days in the hospital of being able to just push a button and have someone bring me water and Lorna Doone Cookies--and Ibuprofin. Now we have been home for over a week, and she is doing well. She sleeps well at night, and just wakes up twice to eat. I am nursing, but gratefully, she also takes a bottle! She likes her binkie (Brennan calls it a "bin bin") and loves her brothers--who ADORE her! Weston loves to hold her and last week held her for an hour and a half (while watching the Opera Aida... what a kid!). Aidan isn't quite as interested, but still loves her and exclaimed, "Elise is the best sister in the universe!" Brennan LOVES her, which is such a blessing, because he is such a momma's boy, I thought for sure he would have a really hard time with the change. But he is always looking for her, likes to hold her, and hates it when I take her away to feed her.

Scott is the greatest father and such a support and help to me. He has come home early to help out, and is always ready to answer to my every beck and call! He loves being a dad to a girl, and she definitely has him wrapped around her finger!
My mother was here to help out for a week. She swept and mopped, did laundry, watched the boys, did fun activities with the boys, drove them around, cleaned up, did the dishes over and over, made meals, and was a LIFE SAVER!!! She even recovered the kids little table. We've had a few people bring some delicious meals and so many people being so helpful and kind!
We are so glad she is finally here and we're grateful she is healthy and cute!

5 comments:

Ali Garner said...

What a precious picture! Miss you!

Cari said...

oh baby girl!! I want to just eat her and snuggle her. She looks like she smells sooooo good!! Beautiful!

Alison said...

BRITTANY!!!! CONGRATS on your BEAUTIFUL baby girl! She is gorgeous! I'm so happy all went well and that you now have a sweet girl to go with all those boys. :)

I feel so bad that I forgot to put you guys on my private blog list, so haven't checked your blog for awile. I was surprised and happy to see little Elise is here. I love her nursery! Way to go on your decorating skills. I love it. Oh enjoy those sweet newborn days! Wish they didn't grow so quickly! I'm glad she's such a good baby and that it was an easy birth. You deserve it on #4! And your boys are handsome as ever. What a beautiful family. Congrats again! Loves to you!

Jeanna said...

She is a cutie!

Megan B ♥ said...

The Little Daw Princess is just beautiful!!! So, do you have a button you push to summon Scott, or is it more of a yell? A cowbell? What's your set up, LOL?