Friday, October 2, 2009

What is for sale... well for free...

That's right--Bananas and Bread. The poor boys are so bored they asked me if they could "sell" something, and I said no. So, they just played outside, til they came up with their own plan. I could smell something ... so I went down to investigate. Weston had made some toast and cut it into pieces and cut up a banana. Then he made a sign, "free bananas and bread". They set up a table and chairs and sat out on our sidewalk in the cold air and tried to "give away" these yummy treats! No luck, unfortunately.

10 comments:

Ali Garner said...

So cute! Don't you just love your kids, even when they're driving you crazy!

ba and the boys said...

how cute! i would have sent nate down if i would have known!

Jenni Taysom said...

My kids are always wanting to do sales too. But, instead of selling for "free", they always want to sell things for $5, and $10 - like cookies and bike washes.
I like how kids are go getters and don't let no stand in their way - when I tell my kids no, it's mostly because I don't want to put out the effort to set up a sell, so they go ahead and make their own signs and find their own things to sell.
Toast and bananas was quite creative.

Callie said...

Ha! That's funny, and pretty creative. I would totally have eaten their banana's and toast. ;)

Carrie said...

They are so cute out there with free stuff! We should have come by for some. Where were we on Friday? I am trying to remember...

Cari said...

I would have given them all of the money in my wallet!

Nancy said...

that is so cute, I love how creative kids are, it's not really what you're selling, or the money you're making, it's just the fun that counts!

Em said...

that is so cool, very creative

Matt and Liz said...

That's funny. Toast and bananas, for free. Nice work boys.

heidiglyn said...

That's like when Tallis sold rocks for 10 cents each. He made quite a bit of money.